Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad new amenity kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Etihad new amenity kit!!!

Finally, a real enhancement from Etihad that doesn't seek to harm us. Etihad will also go from having one of the worst amenity kits to one of the best (along with EK).
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
I wonder what is in it and when they plan to start using it.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I wonder what is in it and when they plan to start using it.
ADP cologne, body lotion, aftershave gel, towelettes and the usual!!!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
ADP cologne, body lotion, aftershave gel, towelettes and the usual!!!
According to their Instagram post, they will be rolled out on 23rd August.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:40 am
Original Poster

But I know what it will consist of.
The 'manufacturer' of Etihad's amenity kits has their own page where they offer AdP as an option and display the contents. Will get a link.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
Finally, a real enhancement from Etihad that doesn't seek to harm us. Etihad will also go from having one of the worst amenity kits to one of the best (along with EK).
What makes it one of the best? Some stinky stuff? They would not introduce it if there were no cost saving.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
What makes it one of the best? Have you actually examined one? They would not introduce it if there were no cost saving.
I have interacted with AdP products before, infact, I just had a shower with some AdP shower gel that I acquired from the Chedi Muscat by the ton.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:52 am
Original Poster

They had it in the residence during their heyday - if that is not enough to signify quality for an FTer like you.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Finally an “enhancement” in the premium cabin!!

nothint was as bad as the tacky LUX ones they currently have. I remember the pouches they used to give out when they first started years ago were amazing quality.

They just need to reinstate the chauffeur driven services .....

fingers crossed for positive changes to come
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Great news, looks like a real improvement for a change, but will they be changing their policy and giving them out on ALL business flights or sticking with the restrictions currently in place?

Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:54 pm

I will, as always, discard the kit unopened and unused.

If this is really costing them more money, I would prefer that they spend it on food, which is increasingly inedible. But of course they are probably getting the kits for free in exchange for the advertising.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

If this is really costing them more money, I would prefer that they spend it on food, which is increasingly inedible. But of course they are probably getting the kits for free in exchange for the advertising.
The contents are very good, why would you discard them? The catering is terrible ultra longhaul (JFK), but has surprisingly improved Midhaul (MAA) and Longhaul (LHR).

Last edited by EYrevanchist; Jul 23, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Shocking attitude, what a waste! If you don't want it then hand it back to the cabin crew unopened for re-use, saving the airline money and the planet into the bargain!

Not sure how often or which routes you fly but recently J food has improved with more variety and better choices from MAN. The menu has changed 3 times in the last few months with delicious new items available both on DoD and A la carte, and according to my next flight in Sept menu has changed again. Still a few familiar dishes - Steak Sandwich and Mezze but plenty of new things to try.

It's good to see EY showing what menus are available online now, at least you have an idea of what to expect - shame they don't give it as an option on all flights via IFE. I've seen it as an option on the newer aircraft IFE screens - it wasn't operational though!

Admittedly options in the back of the bus are more limited to the usual roast chicken & veg, a lamb & rice dish and the good old pasta and vegetable/cream sauce, however they are usually tasty- if not that hunger satisfying.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Mezze is still rubbish, but the rest of the menu in J has improved. Saddest thing about the mezze is that I used to love it
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
That is a nice partnership. Looks like full size for FC, and sample size cologne for Biz. Nothing wrong with that, especially assuming it's Colonia.

I'm a fan of AdP, so instead of discarding them, I'll pay postage and a handling fee to have a few end up my way

Last edited by Gig103; Jul 24, 2018 at 12:36 am Reason: Adding reply to quote w/o double post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.