Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad application leaking sensitive data

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

I am travelling with Etihad Airways in about 2 months. I downloaded their app for Android and entered my booking flight reference. Right after doing so I was able to see the details of another passenger who is travelling tomorrow! Including his name, phone number and even his passport details! I immediately contacted that passenger and let him know of the leak. I also called the airline and filed a report. Couple of minutes later another boarding pass for another passenger appeared in my app!
I am so concerned now. The application obviously leaking customers information randomly and my own information could end up in the wrong hands.

Would update my post upon hearing back from them. Hopefully they get that fixed soon
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:45 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

That is very shocking and a failure with IT on EY's part. Thanks for informing, and I hope they get that fixed soon!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:51 am

Maybe the cost cutting is affecting their IT department as well, probably got rid of security team
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:19 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
probably got rid of security team
would be a PR disaster if that were the case
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Maybe the cost cutting is affecting their IT department as well, probably got rid of security team
On that topic - even our dear lurker has been trimmed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.