Wiki Posts
Search

Who votes for this junk?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Who votes for this junk?

Just observed on the EY social media feed that they have won several “awards” for things like having the best frequent flyer programme and best Y class?

Are these votes from people that fly once a year, if at all, thus making a comparison with any other airline almost impossible?

good old EY. Even when you’re cutting things left, right and centre you’re still bringing in the completely meaningless awards to make you feel good about the the increasingly poor service you deliver!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:56 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
The truth will come out when their FY results are published. Perhaps not
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
LMFAO EY has become delusional, satisfying only their ego - and a bunch of individuals on instagram that have never and may never set foot upon EY metal, brainwashed by the endless tirade of newsflashes that the marketing team sends out to instigate these individuals to sing an endless song of praise towards the airline.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Virgin Velocity
I personally find EY better than CX and EK in Y.

program wise, I’m with Va

but highly rate them better than VA.

too J. Love EY’s J.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Next award coming...the headline ...Etihad " FIRST TO USE " coin operated IFE...be the first to travel on our newly fitted coin operated in-flight entertainment system , to enhance your journey further , from Abu -Dhabi to the world .....and you think I'm joking , I wish
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
However much I hate EY for the cuts, their frequent flier program is good, and so is their Y on the 380, as far as Y goes.

But what is shocking, is that EK's J won the best in these awards!

Sure, if you love your wines and spirits, EK is probably 'one' of the best J's, but EVA (BR) J is ahead of EK too.

As for the seat, EY, QR, BR, CX, new AF, NH, JL... much better than EK J any day!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
While I understand many are disappointed about cuts comparing "the good old times" here the matter is about what EY and its program offer comparing to competitors today. EY guest program in my opinion (at least until today, who knows "new enhancements" could be announced in the future...) still has some pros:
in Y whatever the fare, you get the same full tier miles, thus it is easier to gain status comparing to others
Good availability of both reward tickets or miles upgrades, you get lounge access and baggage allowance according to award or upgraded class.
Family program where you can pool miles 100% even with basic tier status

Just to remain on the ME3 area, the other programs are for sure not better, while I think QR J experience is better than EY, QRPC is now very poor especially in term of awards and upgrades availability, now they do not have any call canter to contact but all process have to go online with very slow and unreliable respond, I have some expiring QR miles soon but there is not even an online shop where to exchange miles with merchandise, I will fly again with them next fall but still confused whether to allocate miles to them or any other FFP partner. EK Y is good, more flight options and consistent service, on the other side with FF program much more stingy with miles and ability to get quickly higher tiers level.

What is very annoying with EY program is their chronic issue in crediting miles on upgraded tickets or when traveling with partner airlines.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: EY Gold
I have to agree with them on this. Etihad definitely has the best ff programme in the region even after the cutbacks. Redemptions on Emirates are still more expensive and you earn fewer miles while flying. Also their credit cards offer lower earn rates than Etihad’s.

I also agree with them that emirates has the best business class product mostly because of their consistency since all their planes have lie flat seats unlike Etihad and Qatar.

Not sure about Etihad having the best economy tbh food is better on Emirates for sure.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:46 am
Suspended

People like me who only fly business/first class would love a class specific FF program - it would help attaining status at a faster rate.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by danial21
I have to agree with them on this. Etihad definitely has the best ff programme in the region even after the cutbacks. Redemptions on Emirates are still more expensive and you earn fewer miles while flying. Also their credit cards offer lower earn rates than Etihad’s.

I also agree with them that emirates has the best business class product mostly because of their consistency since all their planes have lie flat seats unlike Etihad and Qatar.

Not sure about Etihad having the best economy tbh food is better on Emirates for sure.
Etihad did not win best J. Emirates did as I mentioned above. I, for one, do not agree.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: EY Gold
I think maybe you misunderstood what I said. Yeah I know Emirates won Business and I agree with them on this. Mostly because Emirates has wide body aircraft on every route and is very consistent. I like Etihad business class but on the A320 it's just not upto par.
RisottoKimodo likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by danial21
I think maybe you misunderstood what I said. Yeah I know Emirates won Business and I agree with them on this. Mostly because Emirates has wide body aircraft on every route and is very consistent. I like Etihad business class but on the A320 it's just not upto par.
Those 320s are what pushed my travels to EK. Also, tier/redemptipn mile earning has also improved!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.