Status Match Etihad Guest?

Old Apr 11, 18, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Status Match Etihad Guest?

Dear all,

here is my situation - the focus of my business travel will shift towards the Gulf region, with the majority of my flights going from Germany to AUH, in the near future. It seems that EY offers the only half-decent connections on those routes, but even the LH-code share (on EY metal), will me not get any miles with M&M. I used to fly EY quite a bit when Air Berlin was still around as I had a Topbonus Gold card, so I'm familiar with the product and AUH itself. My question now is whether EY will match the status, which I have with TK (*A Gold) or LH (*A Silver), so that I don't have to start again at the bottom when it comes to Etihad Guest. A quick google search has not shown much in terms of success stories and I'm also not certain which address to contact with regard to a status match.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!
Arnur
Old Apr 11, 18, 5:40 am

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
They seem to hand out Silver pretty readily, but above that. You may need to do the hard time sat on a plane.
Old Apr 11, 18, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy View Post
They seem to hand out Silver pretty readily, but above that. You may need to do the hard time sat on a plane.
Thanks a lot, whom would I need to contact for the status match? As I seem to have no real alternative to EY, I would take Silver..
Old Apr 11, 18, 6:54 am

I matched from EK Gold to EY Gold, also showing evidence of recent Business Class bookings.

I found my local country manager on line (LinkedIn via Google I think), worked out the generic email format and sent him a mail. I believe approaching a local office will be more fruitful than contacting Abu Dhabi.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: