Etihad/Alitalia miles question

Old Mar 14, 18, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: One World, Virgin
Etihad/Alitalia miles question

Hi All, I posted over on the information desk but didnt get much traction so im hoping some Etihad Guru here can help me:
Im looking at booking the following:

Rome to Abu Dhabi on Alitalia 7040 Business (I) OPERATED BY ETIHAD. EY Credit = ??
Johannesburg to Rome on Alitalia Business (I) OPERATED BY ALITALIA. EY Credit = ??

I am EY Gold and I want to credit to EY. When I check where to credit.com it says Alitalia in I has 300% credit on EY, but when I went to the Etihad website it says that I earns 0% miles. Can anyone advise which one is correct please? Im unsure how flights with Alitalia Numbers but operated by Etihad will credit.

Thanks for any help
Old Mar 15, 18, 12:37 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by mrwzee View Post
Hi All, I posted over on the information desk but didnt get much traction so im hoping some Etihad Guru here can help me:
Im looking at booking the following:

Rome to Abu Dhabi on Alitalia 7040 Business (I) OPERATED BY ETIHAD. EY Credit = ??
Johannesburg to Rome on Alitalia Business (I) OPERATED BY ALITALIA. EY Credit = ??

I am EY Gold and I want to credit to EY. When I check where to credit.com it says Alitalia in I has 300% credit on EY, but when I went to the Etihad website it says that I earns 0% miles. Can anyone advise which one is correct please? Im unsure how flights with Alitalia Numbers but operated by Etihad will credit

Thanks for any help
If it is an Alitalia ticket class I you will earn 300% credit:

https://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-.../alitalia.html

Different from Etihad ticket class I that is an award ticket thus getting zero miles, unless it is an upgraded ticket thus you will get credit according to original booking economy class.

Due to "enhanced" EY IT system forget to have your miles credited straight away, when you are flying with partner airlines (not sure about others but AZ for sure), you always have to proceed a retroclaim request and wait.

Hope it will help
Old Mar 15, 18, 2:21 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Originally Posted by BobFF68 View Post
Due to "enhanced" EY IT system forget to have your miles credited straight away, when you are flying with partner airlines (not sure about others but AZ for sure), you always have to proceed a retroclaim request and wait.
Does this amnesia occur also the other way around? Flying EY and crediting to UL.

Last edited by flyerby; Mar 15, 18 at 2:59 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: