Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

First time in EY F (AUH-LHR), best way to maximise?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Hi all, newbie looking for a bit of advice. So I've finally managed to scrape enough miles together for a one way trip in first from AUH to LHR. It's not often that I can fly in a cabin above economy so I want to make sure I'm getting the best experience. I know on other airlines service/food can vary significantly depending on the time of day you depart (e.g. heard SQ is like this?), so any recommendations on which timing would be best out of AUH? I heard that EY have cut pyjamas from departures before 8pm as well. As someone who never gets to fly first or biz the pyjamas would be a nice souvenir but I'll forego that if the food is much better on day flights. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:08 pm

The afternoon flight without a doubt.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Cheers Erik. What's the main reasoning behind that?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:00 am

This has been discussed many time so do some research.

In short: The airport and lounges are a zoo late at night. Much more civilized in the morning and early afternoon. Flight time is good and you will get a good night's sleep in London on arrival. The day flight allows you to enjoy the service. Buy your own PJs or email beforehand and ask whether they can stock a pair (they might).
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Any idea what champagne is being served currently on the AUH-LHR route in F cabin?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Any idea what champagne is being served currently on the AUH-LHR route in F cabin?
By the time you fly it will have changed to whatever there is a glut of on the market
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
By the time you fly it will have changed to whatever there is a glut of on the market
Why I am getting the impression, when reading your post, that Etihad champagne onbaord is quite cheap!?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Why I am getting the impression, when reading your post, that Etihad champagne onbaord is quite cheap!?
Because it is
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
I'm not entirely certain the cuts have reached F Champagne... yet. I may be wrong, and no doubt the brain trust here will chip in if I'm mistaken.

Last time I flew F (July 2017) there was Billecart-Salmon 2007 and NV Rose on offer, however that could have changed by now. Anything seems possible under the current EY leadership team...

However in Business there has been a "sea change" and relatively speaking it is. Cuts by EY management have changed the brand to Piper Heidsieck and reduced the quality a little, however it is still a decent brand and comparable with the Billecart previously offered in most people's opinion. Now we're not talking Tesco or Aldi brands here but it's no longer Billecart in Business.

Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
The champagne is charles heidsieck 2006 right now in F.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Although quite drinkable, not exactly the cream of the crop. Price also shows they are economising, as not one of the more expensive ones either, but that generally applies to their wine offering in F, which IMHO is on the poot side for that cabin. Flying the sector later this week and will give it a miss ;-)

Last edited by Wtravel; Mar 5, 2018 at 1:37 pm Reason: Typo
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
You will thoroughly enjoy the EY F service ex AUH. It has been over a year since I was there and there have been many changes but I imagine that the lounge is still worth arriving a little early for. The wife and I had an excellence flight, however the pyjamas were about the only thing we were disappointing in.

Enjoy your flight, it was one of our more memorable ones!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: VA Gold
Originally Posted by DatBoi
The champagne is charles heidsieck 2006 right now in F.
Pretty sure that was what was on offer in the F lounge too.

I am no expert or regular champagne consumer, but I know what I don't like and this was very much acceptable.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:41 pm

How is the food these days on EY F? When I flew the Apartments in a few years ago it wasn't all that great. I can only imagine that they've further reduced it.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:40 am
THR

Also interested to know the answer to this - have an F flight CDG --> SYD in June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.