Redemption on Bangkok Airways

Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Redemption on Bangkok Airways

I've found ZERO availability for Bangkok - Ko Samui on Bangkok Airways using Etihad miles (I called the guest centre).

Has anyone ever had success with redemption on Bangkok Airways?

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by jksheikh
I've found ZERO availability for Bangkok - Ko Samui on Bangkok Airways using Etihad miles (I called the guest centre).
First of all, many Etihad call centre agents are simply incompetent with booking awards on partners. It is worth trying to call 23 times and check with different agents. Secondly, their system does look extremely buggy, so awards might indeed not show up. Had the same issue when tried to book Asiana TPEICN, eventually just gave up.

I am actually thinking to book Bangkok Airlines also, PNHBKK, will update the thread on the result if I try to.
I had success booking tickets with PAL, Jet Airways and ANA using Etihad Miles though. At least with some partners it is verified to work.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
First of all, many Etihad call centre agents are simply incompetent with booking awards on partners. It is worth trying to call 23 times and check with different agents. Secondly, their system does look extremely buggy, so awards might indeed not show up. Had the same issue when tried to book Asiana TPEICN, eventually just gave up.

I am actually thinking to book Bangkok Airlines also, PNHBKK, will update the thread on the result if I try to.
I had success booking tickets with PAL, Jet Airways and ANA using Etihad Miles though. At least with some partners it is verified to work.
I have managed to redeem a NRT-KUL on ANA airways one way ticket, 3 weeks before departure date, need to be quite flexible with dates though.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by jksheikh

Has anyone ever had success with redemption on Bangkok Airways?

Thanks!
Successfully booked BKK-LPQ a few weeks ago. Agent found availability immediately and the booking process was easy!
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Vlntn
Successfully booked BKK-LPQ a few weeks ago. Agent found availability immediately and the booking process was easy!
Could you say what were the taxes?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Could you say what were the taxes?
I paid 44,61 in taxes and I was charged 1,- for the fare (apparently this had something to do with the Bangkok Airways reservation system). Not the cheapest intra-Asia reward ticket, but paid tickets were 250+ on my dates, so a good deal for me.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
I just booked 2 ppl BKK-USM one-way for 5,000 miles + $3.10 tax each. Agent found the availability immediately (someone here called PG directly to confirm availability beforehand). We were able to book both pax in one booking- EY was able to see more than 1 seat at a time. We were also able to confirm availability on the phone before transferring Amex MR->EY. The transfer was instant so once the agent made the reservation, we transferred the points and she booked/ticketed it immediately. Pretty smooth.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: EK Platinum, EY Silver
Booked BKK-REP for 2 last December, no issues was all sorted over the phone although it did take a bit of time as per usual with EY and award redemptions.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
I just booked 2 ppl BKK-USM one-way for 5,000 miles + $3.10 tax each. Agent found the availability immediately (someone
Same for me, except those .......s charged me 3.11$ tax! 😂
Agent was even able to see how many Award seats were open.
They had plenty of availability.
I had an awesome Belgrade Callcenter Agent. She was super nice and helpful and besides super competent. Guess you have to be lucky.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:34 pm

is it possible to redeem for danang even htough it isn't listed on the award chart?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
is it possible to redeem for danang even htough it isn't listed on the award chart?
Cannot say about Danang, but I was able to book BKKVTE, even though it was not on chart. Required two calls. Not really sure if they actually inquired with Bangkok Airways to confirm after my first call or just the second agent was better, but in the end it worked.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
2 weeks ago i booked 3 tickets BKK-USM-BKK.

Lots of availability for my dates, and process was smooth. Agent even sent me an email for me to verify the names prior to completing the booking. Taxes were around $17 CAD/p.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by coljung
2 weeks ago i booked 3 tickets BKK-USM-BKK.

Lots of availability for my dates, and process was smooth. Agent even sent me an email for me to verify the names prior to completing the booking. Taxes were around $17 CAD/p.
What number did you call?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
What number did you call?
All Etihad guest redemptions go to the same place. Serbia.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I called today to book an award flight -- looking for flights on Bangkok Airways from BKK -> USM, there was wide open availability (4 seats / flight for 6 different flights). However, on a different leg -- USM -> HKT, there was zero availability for three days in a row. So it seems like it's rather hit or miss! For my flight to Ko Samui, it was 5000 points and $3.19 in taxes and fees.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.