Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Citi Thankyou Points Transfer to EtihadGuest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum

I made a points to miles transfer from Citi Thankyou points to EtihadGuest on February 9th. Until now, the miles have not showed up in my account. I have called and emailed Etihad many times, but they said they have not received any transfer request from Citibank. I called Citi and they said they had sent all the required documents to Etihad on the 9th. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the points to transfer? Also, has anyone had any difficulty with transferring points to Etihad?

I don't really believe anything the customer service reps at EtihadGuest tell me. Based on all the issues people have been experiencing with Etihad, I find it likely that they are dropping the ball on this as well.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:48 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ADubUAE
I made a points to miles transfer from Citi Thankyou points to EtihadGuest on February 9th. Until now, the miles have not showed up in my account. I have called and emailed Etihad many times, but they said they have not received any transfer request from Citibank. I called Citi and they said they had sent all the required documents to Etihad on the 9th. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the points to transfer? Also, has anyone had any difficulty with transferring points to Etihad?

I don't really believe anything the customer service reps at EtihadGuest tell me. Based on all the issues people have been experiencing with Etihad, I find it likely that they are dropping the ball on this as well.
IME, it usually takes just a few days, & certainly not as long as you have waited. Perhaps drop a line to @Etihad Help.

Also, I noticed previously, transfers were 1-1 Citi-EY but going forward its 1.5-1 Citi-EY. What on earth next
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:16 pm

i initiated citi transfer to etihad 3/3/2018, today is 3/7/2018, still no miles in my account. The order on citi thankyou points website shows "fullfilled" on 3/4/2018.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
IME, it usually takes just a few days, & certainly not as long as you have waited. Perhaps drop a line to @Etihad Help.

Also, I noticed previously, transfers were 1-1 Citi-EY but going forward its 1.5-1 Citi-EY. What on earth next
Citi Prestige is still 1:1
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:46 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by kelix
Citi Prestige is still 1:1
Ha! Yes, I checked & saw the same after I learned that the Visa Premier Miles Elite had dropped Fortunately I have the Citi Prestige.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Hi guys
What is the best card to get guest miles on spend?
My dad currently uses an ADCB Etihad Infinite visa card.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Ha! Yes, I checked & saw the same after I learned that the Visa Premier Miles Elite had dropped Fortunately I have the Citi Prestige.
Citi Prestige by far these days...

3 Points for international spend and 2 points per dollar for local. no capping and no lowering (like for utilities and other like most other cards)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:33 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Hi guys
What is the best card to get guest miles on spend?
My dad currently uses an ADCB Etihad Infinite visa card.
Citi Prestige kicks a*** over the ADCB Etihad Infinite Visa card by some margin. Am ditching my ADCB EY Infinite card when the renewal comes up this year.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Citi Prestige kicks a*** over the ADCB Etihad Infinite Visa card by some margin. Am ditching my ADCB EY Infinite card when the renewal comes up this year.
But the ADCB earns tier miles
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
But the ADCB earns tier miles
worthless.

Citi Prestige Link: https://www.citibank.com/uae/consume...0PQ==AbCdEfGhI
DatBoi likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:16 am
Suspended

Thanks alot!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:19 am
NoY

LOL. Agreed!
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:48 pm

The wait to get the citi points transfer to show up is excruciating. I am worried every day that my AA award availability might be gone at any time.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: EY Plat, EK Plat, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond
Do you still get the Qatar gold membership with the Citi Prestige card?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by dubaiblue
Do you still get the Qatar gold membership with the Citi Prestige card?
yes, but dont talk about it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.