Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

What alternative FF programs are there to Etihad? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What alternative FF programs are there to Etihad? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by a310pilot
Yea I hate those , especially on those after midnight departures where I can't keep my eyes open and just want to snooze for 3-4 hours... But instead I keep tossing and turning to find that sweet spot which doesn't exist and the flight attendant come by to put your seat into upright position.
That is my exact problem with the seats and it sucks that the redeye to MAA (4.5 hours) is most convenient for me.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by JasperT
But the flat-bed on LH and J seats on SH?
That sounds weird coming from a company who wanted to charge 50 pence for the use of toilets onboard..
Not really, let me elaborate.
They can maintain their LCC cabin with LCC service/pricing model but at the same time charge a revenue premium for a premium product that arguably beats every EU carriers out.
So they (BA,LH) lose in the back and in the front.
JasperT likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:38 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Dubh
you would think that they are at least targeting Expo2020. Missing that would be a terrible loss of face.
Indeed. Although bear in mind, Expo 2020 is a Dubai thing
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:42 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Got to wonder if the Midfield terminal will become the largest RyanAir hub in the world !
All jokes aside, they won't have much to offer at this rate

I was invited to a day of helping define what the new terminal would be all about, they didn't know I was a Platinum frequent flyer with the airline it was just complete chance, it was meant to have a sub Louvre a theme park and all these unbelievably expensive things in sound dead spaces and weird and wonderful lights and so on - one wonders what will make the cut ?

they're accelerating the road building etc though a friend who supplies suggested that there's two years of wiring to be done though he's prone to exaggerate

What is the current date anyway?
Who knows when it will open. I hope it does before I leave the sandpit Too much has been invested to “can” it, I suppose, LOL. No doubt there will be some ludicrous "design features” incorporated. The Louvre-related BS doesn’t surprise me
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:31 pm

You know there is an underground train station already built there. Ready to be sprung into action in the distant future.

I remember sitting in a presentation at a conference around 2013 sometime, and the project director for Midfield finished with the 17-07-17 slide. I said to myself....yeah right...
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Yup except Etihad rail is on a a massive hold. Qatar being shut kyboshed it. Thebonly bit built is Saudis border to Kizad port to move the sulphur from the mines to the ports

Everyone else put on hold despite GCC edict to have it dome by this year. OmanbsaidOthey won't starstuntil the endooint is in sight of their birder they've so little to build

Is a shame as they really need to link Abu Dhabi and Dubai
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by NoY
Also, DXB T1 is a veritable pleasure compared to the carnage of AUH
You mean the new airport, or the present one?

The new airport would have been great if Etihad's program basically were not ruined.
Not its a tease, I get to look at what may be every time I fly in and out of AUH
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
BTW seriously looking at EK. Out of necessity now, EY has trimmed some of its schedules , which doesn't work for me anymore.

I wish this embargo nonsense would be over, then I could just fly on QR via DWC like I used to. Like someone said, closer to Emirates Hills & the Palm
jaejaez likes this.

Last edited by OpenSky; Feb 24, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.