Wiki Posts
Search

Maximizing F and J (LHR-AUH-LHR)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Maximizing F and J (LHR-AUH-LHR)

Hello,

I've an upcoming booking on Etihad flying LHR-AUH in F, and on the return AUH-LHR in J, as part of a suprise-ish holiday for my partner celebrate her birthday and starting a dream job.

I was wondering if the collective wisdom of the board might be able to suggest ways that I can maximise this experience and make it a special experience, both in-flight and in the lounges?

(For context, I understand that the spa in LHR T4 is now, sadly, closed. But is the Etihad kerbside porter service still available there? DId I read somewhere about asking for an extra mattress pad in F as a way to make the bed more comfortable? &c)

Any advice very much obliged!

A.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by ABax
Hello,

I've an upcoming booking on Etihad flying LHR-AUH in F, and on the return AUH-LHR in J, as part of a suprise-ish holiday for my partner celebrate her birthday and starting a dream job.

I was wondering if the collective wisdom of the board might be able to suggest ways that I can maximise this experience and make it a special experience, both in-flight and in the lounges?

(For context, I understand that the spa in LHR T4 is now, sadly, closed. But is the Etihad kerbside porter service still available there? DId I read somewhere about asking for an extra mattress pad in F as a way to make the bed more comfortable? &c)

Any advice very much obliged!

A.
If you paid for this ticket and it wasn't a steal then I would recommend that you refund it immediately - as EY is a shadow of its former self and definitely a poor cousin of EK.
That said in J, I recommend that you feast in the T3 J lounge.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:56 am

Don't mind him, he's getting cranky in his old age. Are they both day flights on the 380?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dubh
Don't mind him, he's getting cranky in his old age. Are they both day flights on the 380?
Thanks. Yes, these are both day flights: 0900 departure from LHR, returning EY 17 on the 1355 departure AUH to LHR.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by ABax
Thanks. Yes, these are both day flights: 0900 departure from LHR, returning EY 17 on the 1355 departure AUH to LHR.
well that's a start. I've only ever flown that route twice in F and it' been overnight...so you dont really feel like you've maximised the experience, even if the bed is nice.

I suppose apart from that, there's the bar and the shower to try out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.