Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shave Facility-GONE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Sat in F.C. lounge and so disappointed. No shave. Used to be my treat before flying home. I will miss it so much. Used it every time and was usually busy, so can’t understand why it got dropped. Staff were very apologetic and took my details to feed back to management. Also sent Tweet and feedback on website.

Menu appears reduced since since my last visit at Christmas. See attached. Not enough options considering it’s supposed to be 5 star!! Ordered from the “a la carte” breakfast foods and specifically asked for turkey bacon & no tomato. Beef bacon arrives with grilled tomato!! To be fair manager has since a seen me and apologised.

This is a very poor offering. This is EYs flagship lounge, in its home hub. It should be the very best they have to offer. If this is their best then I don’t hold out much hope for them long term.

It’s simply just not good enough anymore. The old Business Class lounge on the same site was superior in may ways ... 5 years ago.
Hope the actual flight service is up to scratch...
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by JayCee1966
Sat in F.C. lounge and so disappointed. No shave. Used to be my treat before flying home. I will miss it so much. Used it every time and was usually busy, so can’t understand why it got dropped. Staff were very apologetic and took my details to feed back to management. Also sent Tweet and feedback on website.

Menu appears reduced since since my last visit at Christmas. See attached. Not enough options considering it’s supposed to be 5 star!! Ordered from the “a la carte” breakfast foods and specifically asked for turkey bacon & no tomato. Beef bacon arrives with grilled tomato!! To be fair manager has since a seen me and apologised.

This is a very poor offering. This is EYs flagship lounge, in its home hub. It should be the very best they have to offer. If this is their best then I don’t hold out much hope for them long term.

It’s simply just not good enough anymore. The old Business Class lounge on the same site was superior in may ways ... 5 years ago.
I feel like crying, and it's not often I do that.
Thank g_d that I can still get some good grub in the J lounge.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

That is the only thing that can claw it back.... crew that are good, engaging and interested. Soon they will all leave when the product they have to deliver makes them embarrassed.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: Virgin Velocity
Was that just the Breakfast Menu?

What about Dinner?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by MattJ
Was that just the Breakfast Menu?

What about Dinner?
The sun always rises in the The Year of Zayed, so it´s breakfast only. Obviously.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:36 pm

I was given a Breakfast and Dinner menu at the same time when I arrived at the F lounge twice...

One was at 10pm and the other at 1am...
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:49 am

So I wrote to Etihad about my experience in the lounge - or rather lack of. Here is there response.

Thank you for writing to us about your concerns.

I have read your letter and can see that you are disappointed with the fact that our Lounge in Abu Dhabi no longer offers the Style and Shave service. Unfortunately, low demand for this service meant it was no longer viable to be offered. We constantly evaluate our product offering to ensure we offer services that provide value and enhance the guest experience.

We are currently reviewing possible options in line with guest needs. In the interim, guests can however still enjoy a range of treatments in our Six Senses Spa at Terminal 3 lounge locations. Your comments about the Food and Beverage service offered have been forwarded to our Catering team and our Senior Lounge Management for their consideration. We do value your continued patronage and certainly appreciate your disappointment with these changes.

Yours sincerely,

I have responded to the lame reply and await the next (non) response. I know it will fall on deaf ears but the process is quite cathartic... and breathe...

Hi again

I'm sorry but I strongly disagree.

In your First Class "Flagship Lounge" cost and use really shouldn't be your driver. You are supposed to be providing a 1st Class / 5 Star service. If there is low demand then so be it that's the risk of offering these services - which were introduced to differentiate Etihad from the other ME airlines . Residence and 1st class customers tend to be fickle and may not know they want a complimentary shave or hair style until the day of travel and then can change their mind. This decision just devalues your brand.

I simply cannot see how this and so many other cost savings are providing your customers with value and enhanced customer experience!!!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:28 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Low demand for shave service? I always had to wait for at least one or two people before me. Also offering some champagne brand I have never heard of in Paris, as well as Piper in the F lounge in AUH. Piper? Really?

I just flew EY CDG-AUH-SYD yesterday (in Y). What a sad state of affairs this airline has become. The food offering in Y was appalling - a tiny meal worse than what I'd get on United, followed by a sandwich mid-flight, then an appalling breakfast which was like a soggy waffle. Only saving grace was that no one was travelling with them AUH-SYD, so almost every passenger in Y had a row to themselves.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by sydakllon
I just flew EY CDG-AUH-SYD yesterday (in Y). What a sad state of affairs this airline has become. The food offering in Y was appalling - a tiny meal worse than what I'd get on United, followed by a sandwich mid-flight, then an appalling breakfast which was like a soggy waffle. Only saving grace was that no one was travelling with them AUH-SYD, so almost every passenger in Y had a row to themselves.
Only someone with a deathwish would fly anywhere further than MCT with EY in Y, no joke
On the plus side I guess that the food in J has improved in the last month (not breakfast or mezze) but maybe that is just a fluke.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Only someone with a deathwish would fly anywhere further than MCT with EY in Y, no joke
For most Y travellers, price is the main selection criteria. While that's the case, Etihad will continue to be chosen for as long as they keep the prices down.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:19 am

Let’s see how I go in Y, in two weeks from PER to AUH then onwards to CDG

if it’s like January’s flight then it’ll be fine.

food was fine and service was fine.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:06 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by ft101
For most Y travellers, price is the main selection criteria. While that's the case, Etihad will continue to be chosen for as long as they keep the prices down.
I fly with them as they're VA partner. My first time with them in Y actually. Those headrests on the A380 are horrid. Thankfully I had a row of four to myself.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:19 am

So after a little too-ing and fro-ing via email here is the final response...
We do forward comments to our Senior Management or the concerned team for their review however as the Guest Relations team are appointed to address guest concerns, all communication with guests takes place through the feedback channel only. We use our guests feedback to improve our services wherever we can however this is done once the consensus is derived and this is not based on any single guest feedback.

In regards to the Style and Shave facility, this is a business decision and as previously advised, it was not feasible to offer the service due to low demand. We work to enhance guest experience in all areas of our service and understand that some of our guests are not happy with this decision, you included. We also agree that if you were advised of this prior to your flight, you could have prepared yourself. I have shared your feedback with our Marketing team who will ensure that our communication process with our guests is improved.

We offer signature a-La Carte service at our First Class Lounge and Spa and it is disappointing for me to note that you had to go to the Business Class Lounge as you did not find the service to be satisfactory in the First Class Lounge. As advised earlier, your comments have been shared with the Catering team for their consideration.

I understand that you have been unhappy with the situation at this point and have therefore requested compensation for your inconvenience. Having reviewed your case, as a gesture of goodwill, I would like to offer you 5,000 Etihad Guest Miles which I have credited to your account.

We look forward to welcoming you on board Etihad Airways again and we hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the service that we are proud of.

A fairly measured response and quite honest too for a change. Compensation miles were well received. FYI the agent was Samar, and we've "crossed swords" a few ties...

Hopefully once the debacle regarding Etihad Partners is finally cleared up and Etihad is back in a more profitable situation; maybe, just maybe these missing services will be brought back - we can only hope...

So I wrote to Etihad about my experience in the lounge - or rather lack of. Here is there response.

Thank you for writing to us about your concerns.

I have read your letter and can see that you are disappointed with the fact that our Lounge in Abu Dhabi no longer offers the Style and Shave service. Unfortunately, low demand for this service meant it was no longer viable to be offered. We constantly evaluate our product offering to ensure we offer services that provide value and enhance the guest experience.

We are currently reviewing possible options in line with guest needs. In the interim, guests can however still enjoy a range of treatments in our Six Senses Spa at Terminal 3 lounge locations. Your comments about the Food and Beverage service offered have been forwarded to our Catering team and our Senior Lounge Management for their consideration. We do value your continued patronage and certainly appreciate your disappointment with these changes.

Yours sincerely,

I have responded to the lame reply and await the next (non) response. I know it will fall on deaf ears but the process is quite cathartic... and breathe...

Hi again

I'm sorry but I strongly disagree.

In your First Class "Flagship Lounge" cost and use really shouldn't be your driver. You are supposed to be providing a 1st Class / 5 Star service. If there is low demand then so be it that's the risk of offering these services - which were introduced to differentiate Etihad from the other ME airlines . Residence and 1st class customers tend to be fickle and may not know they want a complimentary shave or hair style until the day of travel and then can change their mind. This decision just devalues your brand.

I simply cannot see how this and so many other cost savings are providing your customers with value and enhanced customer experience!!!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:53 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I think you are clinging to false hope. Once a service is 'enhanced' it never makes a comeback.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Wow, disappointing news for sure..... the ME carriers want to posture as being the best, but here we have a real cut. Etihad is definitely in a weak position as they just opened the first class lounge what not even 2 years ago?

I really liked the shave option while transiting as in the US this is almost impossible to find. I don't love the closeness as I can do better myself, but it was the luxury type experience and feel. The cost of this couldn't have been very much in honesty and they lost some of their luster by dropping this. IMO they are showing the effects or a real drop in prestige.

Little things, big deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.