Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shave Facility-GONE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Wow, disappointing news for sure..... the ME carriers want to posture as being the best, but here we have a real cut. Etihad is definitely in a weak position as they just opened the first class lounge what not even 2 years ago?

I really liked the shave option while transiting as in the US this is almost impossible to find. I don't love the closeness as I can do better myself, but it was the luxury type experience and feel. The cost of this couldn't have been very much in honesty and they lost some of their luster by dropping this. IMO they are showing the effects or a real drop in prestige.

Little things, big deal.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:42 am

Etihad pays £80million a year to sponsor a football team in the UK, which in fact is owned by AUH anyways. They were only halfway into their 10 year agreement at £40million a year when "someone" decided to re-negotiate.

Money has got to come out someone's pocket, looks like the Al Nahyan's have decided to focus on Etihad premier customers.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:47 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Etihad pays £80million a year to sponsor a football team in the UK, which in fact is owned by AUH anyways. They were only halfway into their 10 year agreement at £40million a year when "someone" decided to re-negotiate.

Money has got to come out someone's pocket, looks like the Al Nahyan's have decided to focus on Etihad premier customers.
How is this relevant?

EY, like any company, reviews their sponsorships annually and many relationships were recently severed, except Fashion Weeks which they have invested more into.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
How is this relevant?

EY, like any company, reviews their sponsorships annually and many relationships were recently severed, except Fashion Weeks which they have invested more into.
It is relevant because:
  • ME3 in the last several years have had to make sure they don't show any obvious subsidies, and hence will all operate on fixed budgets
  • Every department would have been allocated a fixed budget
  • Marketing/Sponsorship department doubled their spend in 2015 (the sponsorship wasn't even due for renewal and realistically Man City aren't going to be sponsored by anyone else)
  • Man City were in danger of falling foul of FFP rules by UEFA (however farce the UEFA rules are!)
  • This prompted the re-negotiation and they doubled the spend, which would definitely mean cuts in other departments
Not saying this is the only issue that caused it, ofcourse the failing of investment in that german airline and alitalia had a part to play in it.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
It is relevant because:
  • ME3 in the last several years have had to make sure they don't show any obvious subsidies, and hence will all operate on fixed budgets
  • Every department would have been allocated a fixed budget
  • Marketing/Sponsorship department doubled their spend in 2015 (the sponsorship wasn't even due for renewal and realistically Man City aren't going to be sponsored by anyone else)
  • Man City were in danger of falling foul of FFP rules by UEFA (however farce the UEFA rules are!)
  • This prompted the re-negotiation and they doubled the spend, which would definitely mean cuts in other departments
Not saying this is the only issue that caused it, ofcourse the failing of investment in that german airline and alitalia had a part to play in it.
I call bull on this whole statement,
You are obviously out of touch with this region.
The Al-Nahyan's have cut funding to EY because Hogan's screw ups were directed out of the UAE to a EU registered 'SPV' EAP and they are still shuddering from the loss.
Qatar is in the */&"! because of the blockade and some amount of cuts are visible.
EK is very profitable and is a well oiled machine - it is a sustainable business whether you like it or not.

Secondly, as an expert on these "ME3" I wouldn't club them together like the embarrassing US carriers due to their different natures and as far as I can recall none of the airlines ever went "over the top" as you describe.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:31 pm

Do you seriously think that £40m per year even registers a blip on EY's radar, against the backdrop of billions and billions wasted on AB/AZ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.