Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Cars in AUH?!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:32 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Mercedes S class 2018 beats even the most high end Porsche with respects to interior.
My chauffeur on saver J tix (my dad) drives a 2017 S and it is probably the best German car on the market bar the 2018 of course.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by akalra1187
People may have their personal preferences, but the hierarchy in terms of status does not change
Is that your (unalterable) personal preference, or did your British public school education also concentrate on the "status hierarchy" of German cars?

NoY, jah718 and DatBoi like this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
I put Porsche at position 1 because the 918 and certain 911’s are the most expensive. The entry level Porsche is also the most expensive entry level car of the lot.
Mercedes are 2 because they are the most luxurious interior and cars with the likes of the Maybach, SLS etc. far surpass anything Audi or BMW make.
Audi is ranked below BMW because of their similarity to VW and only recently has the status of Audi moved up. It may now be an argument whether Audi is above BMW, but traditionally I don’t think anyone would argue Audi being higher status than a BMW.
Finally, I don’t think anyone doubts VWs position.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
I put Porsche at position 1 because the 918 and certain 911’s are the most expensive. The entry level Porsche is also the most expensive entry level car of the lot.
Mercedes are 2 because they are the most luxurious interior and cars with the likes of the Maybach, SLS etc. far surpass anything Audi or BMW make.
Audi is ranked below BMW because of their similarity to VW and only recently has the status of Audi moved up. It may now be an argument whether Audi is above BMW, but traditionally I don’t think anyone would argue Audi being higher status than a BMW.
Finally, I don’t think anyone doubts VWs position.
VW shouldn’t even be on the list. Nothing compares to the maybach - since it competes directly with Bentley/RR
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DatBoi

VW shouldn’t even be on the list. Nothing compares to the maybach - since it competes directly with Bentley/RR
I listed every German car manufacturer. Unless I’m missing something VW is German?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Porsche 918 is superior to a Maybach.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jah718
What school gives out a wine education? I have literally never heard of this in my life, outside of culinary ....

What utter nonsense. My school (Westminster) along with Stowe, Rugby, Shrewsbury, Eton, Charterhouse, Harrow, Winchester, St. Paul’s and Metchant Taylor’s all included wine education as part of the basic curriculum.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Mercedes S class 2018 beats even the most high end Porsche with respects to interior.
My chauffeur on saver J tix (my dad) drives a 2017 S and it is probably the best German car on the market bar the 2018 of course.
Did you forget that Bentley and R R are now German cars. A basic S class is nothing to be revelling in.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Did you forget that Bentley and R R are now German cars. A basic S class is nothing to be revelling in.
Of course the basic trim is not worth the money. Might as well be rolling in a lowly E class.
For the record we drive the closest thing to a maybach that is not a maybach.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:50 pm
Suspended

What utter nonsense. My school (Westminster) along with Stowe, Rugby, Shrewsbury, Eton, Charterhouse, Harrow, Winchester, St. Paul’s and Metchant Taylor’s all included wine education as part of the basic curriculum.
Weirdly enough I could have gone to a British Public school yet opted against it since I am
not a fan of the dated architecture and it does not fit my nomadic lifestyle.
Also I like working on my own times and terms and not that of a fixed curricula.
Sorry for drifting off-topic, but overall I do agree with what you say about the wines.
15-20 dollar picks in J and liquid acid in the name of Piper is laughable, especially when the competition offers picks in the 80 dollar range along with bubbles from Moet, Vueve, CdC etc...
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond

Porsche 918 is superior to a Maybach.
Ah yes your standard, if it costs more it must be better.....
How's the RIMOWA? Lol
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Ah yes your standard, if it costs more it must be better.....
How's the RIMOWA? Lol
Rimowa suitcases are actually quite the value for money.
With their lifetime warranty and build quality .
I personally use a Brics Check-in and a montblanc carryon.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Loving this car and the wine chat/exchange. How the other half live!! As a mere mortal I'm getting a proper education!

It has brought a smile to my face on a few occasions so far, keep it up On par with the old Top Gear and "Conversation Street" on The Grand Tour.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JayCee1966
Loving this car and the wine chat/exchange. How the other half live!! As a mere mortal I'm getting a proper education!

It has brought a smile to my face on a few occasions so far, keep it up On par with the old Top Gear and "Conversation Street" on The Grand Tour.
Thanks that's reminded me to watch this week's episode !
JayCee1966 and DatBoi like this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Of course the basic trim is not worth the money. Might as well be rolling in a lowly E class.
For the record we drive the closest thing to a maybach that is not a maybach.
Well, if its a high spec 600/AMG then yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.