Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Etihad lounge closed on weekends?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
JFK Etihad lounge closed on weekends?

Flew Air Serbia Business class JFK-BEG on 11 Nov and was looking forward to a nice meal in the Etihad lounge prior to departure. Lounge was closed and was told by Air Serbia reps that the JFK Etihad lounge is closed on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Was sent to the WIngtips lounge instead. This was an unpleasant surprise. Is this new and part of their cost-cutting measures?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:23 pm

Maybe more to do with the timing of the Air Serbia flight on the Saturday doesn't coincide with the Etihad flight. The other days it operates it does.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
was looking forward to a nice meal in the Etihad lounge prior to departure.
With all the outstation lounge cost-cutting its not worth getting a meal there anymore. Has cost-cutting hit airserbia too?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by DatBoi
With all the outstation lounge cost-cutting its not worth getting a meal there anymore. Has cost-cutting hit airserbia too?
Air Serbia is pretty bare bones as it is. Won't be flying them again unless I have to. I expected more from an Etihad partner. Service on the flight was good, food was mediocre, customer service (which I had to deal with because of a schedule change) sucks bigtime. The lounge in Belgrade is lovely though. Clean and quiet and the staff could not do enough for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.