Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW to AUH Route Cancelled starting 3/25

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Can't blame him for taking what's offered. All ending next year anyway so instead of being more for us, there'll be less as they're cutting down the number of available seats from Jan
Wait a minute, they are cutting EY guest availability as well?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DatBoi
Wait a minute, they are cutting EY guest availability as well?
It suggested as much in the enhancements email, along the lines of we will cut miles and increase seats where you don't want to fly and increase miles required and reduce availability on our popular routes

The enhancement being you get to see former soviet states
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
It suggested as much in the enhancements email, along the lines of we will cut miles and increase seats where you don't want to fly and increase miles required and reduce availability on our popular routes

The enhancement being you get to see former soviet states
Those former Soviet states are being operated with a320's. Grrr...
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
I'd understand if the OP had written 3/8 that maybe there was confusion

But if somehow you live in a world where there is the occasional 25month year then that's just you so therefore no confusion whatsoever

I'm also British, born and bred, when was the last time you bought anything in pounds and ounces or your fuel in Gallons..... But the OP gets a schooling for using the format he and a few hundred million others use.

Not fair, sorry

Oh and by the way do you say June the eighth, or December the 25th, January the first

Write those out in numbers..... See how the American system works.......
I did make the point that it causes confusion if both numbers are below 12. My point was that it's better to use a non-ambiguous format when communicating internationally. I frequently communicate internationally and always write the month as word. Regardless of order, it will be understood. I acknowledge that 100's of millions of people use the US format, but the vast majority of the world does not. Those that use the DMY format are more than ten fold. Some use YMD and some countries use two formats. The US is the only country to exclusively use a non-hierarchical order date format.

If I'm saying a date allowed I usually state the day first but not always but it's not an issue when the month is presented as a word because there is no ambiguity.

I'm not sure of the relevance of the imperial measuring system. For the record I have worked with both over the years. The metric system is far more suitable internationally because it's universal. A US gallon is not the same as a British gallon for example. The US also specify liquids by weight rather than volume. For flyers in the cabin, the maximum liquid size is 100ml and for Americans it's 3.5 fluid oz's if my memory is correct.

I'm sorry if I came across as trying to 'school him'. That certainly wasn't my intention and I did try to inject some humour into my post. I have an American cousin and we have certainly had our fair share of UK/US banter.

Mike

Originally Posted by tcormier
Yep! Annoying American and Texan here :P I was writing this in a hurry so I could be sure to get it out here for anyone else affected by this. I had to then quickly find another route to AUH on March 31st for my honeymoon. Tricky since it was all done with AAdvantage miles.

But in a way, I have Etihad to half blame and half thanks now.

Half blame because now I have to fly to LHR on American's 777-300ER, which isn't bad but still doesn't compare to EY F.

Half thanks, because I then booked LHR to AUH on the EY A380 in F, which will be wonderful for the fiancee (she has been looking forward to the A380 on our return leg from AUH to JFK and is ecstatic to be flying it twice).
Annoying Brit here

I'm glad you didn't take my post to heart. I can certainly relate to having to do things in a hurry.

I'm glad you managed to secure a nice flight for your fiancée. I got married fairly recently and would love to take my wife on the A380. Sadly they don't operate that plane between MAN and AUH

All the best.

Mike
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by British Balikbayan
All the best.

Mike
Congrats on your nuptials too Mike !!

ps fluid oz is a liquid measurement
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:33 am

Congrats on your nuptials too Mike !!

ps fluid oz is a liquid measurement
Thanks, DM, much appreciated.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, UR
Annoying Brit here

I'm glad you didn't take my post to heart. I can certainly relate to having to do things in a hurry.

I'm glad you managed to secure a nice flight for your fiancée. I got married fairly recently and would love to take my wife on the A380. Sadly they don't operate that plane between MAN and AUH

All the best.

Mike
Why not just drive to LHR to get on it? Maybe my Americanism is showing again, but 4 hours of driving and I wouldn't even be out of the state of Texas! I'd drive it for the A380. But I am a leAAch, so it is a special occasion to fly it anyway.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:40 am
Suspended

I got married fairly recently and would love to take my wife on the A380. Sadly they don't operate that plane between MAN and AUH

All the best.

Mike
Matey why don't you just fly the EK a380 from Manchester. You can enjoy the superior shower, Caviar, Dom and overall superior superior liquor selection as well as a more comfy actual seat.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by tcormier
Why not just drive to LHR to get on it? Maybe my Americanism is showing again, but 4 hours of driving and I wouldn't even be out of the state of Texas! I'd drive it for the A380. But I am a leAAch, so it is a special occasion to fly it anyway.
I might consider using LHR as a one-off to experience it.

Driving: I have driven 4 hours and more plenty of times but not sure I would like to do it at both ends of an international trip. I think the parking costs would be very expensive as well (sometimes we are away for a month or more).

Train: I can get a direct train to London (Euston Station) from my local railway station which takes about 2hrs 45mins. The problem is that it's the wrong part of London. It would be impossible to use the Tube (subway) with all our luggage. We would have to get a taxi from to another London station to take us to Heathrow or get a taxi all the way to Heathrow from Euston. This combination will be quite time consuming and expensive.

Aeroplane: This our preferred option. We both love flying and the airport experience. A plane from MAN to LHR takes less than hour. It will also work out cheaper and quicker than the train/taxi combination.

I find Manchester airport really convenient. A direct train from my local station goes right into Manchester Airport. It's just a short walk to the terminal building and luggage trolleys are provided on the railway platform. From check-in to airside usually only takes about 10-15 minutes and then straight to the lounge. But we will consider the madness of London for a chance to fly on the A380. Another option would be to travel with Emirates who operate A380's from MAN.

Mike
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:31 am

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with this when Etihad cut the DFW route or the second NYC route.

I am looking at booking four people from ORD to AUH sometime next year; however, I am mildly worried that Etihad might end up cutting the route since they are still having financial problems. I would be booking award seats in business using AA miles.

If they were to cancel the ORD --> AUH route, would AA/Etihad help us re-route to AUH via JFK or IAD? Or would AA just refund our flights and we'd be forced to find new flights to AUH ourselves? Unfortunately, I assume it's the latter? If they were to cancel the flight sometime mid 2019, I don't know if I'd be able to find another flight with four open seats in biz
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
The ORD route is a fairly busy one for Etihad so I'd be shocked if they cxld the route, however, anything can happen. I'm looking to also book 4 business class tickets for next March and it's incredibly hard to do. Have you found dates with that availability? Usually they will open up 2 seats 330 days out and possibly release more a few days before flight time if there is enough seats open. Last year was the exception, and I was able to book 4 biz tickets on the same flight for a RT ORD-AUH on two different occasions. If etihad cxld the flight I assume AA would route you thru London on AA/BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.