DFW to AUH Route Cancelled starting 3/25

Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, UR
DFW to AUH Route Cancelled starting 3/25

Fun news, the DFW to AUH route by Etihad is being cancelled starting 3/25. I just got my notification this morning for my flight on 3/31. Time to start searching for alternatives!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Notionally blamed on the end of the AA partnership. EY's new management is clearly under orders to stem the losses
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
My flight is on the 27th of feb, so I am spared.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: EY Gold
Oh no! That's my most frequently traveled route. It's usually quite busy, as well (from my anecdotal experience).
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
Originally Posted by tcormier
Fun news, the DFW to AUH route by Etihad is being cancelled starting 3/25. I just got my notification this morning for my flight on 3/31. Time to start searching for alternatives!
I assume you're American. For clarification, I assume you mean 25th March?

For future reference, much of the world does NOT use the American date system. In my opinion the American system is illogical because the numbers are in a non- hierarchical order. Fortunately on this occasion, the day of the month was above 12. When both numbers are below 12, it creates international ambiguity.

In my opinion it's better to write the month as a word when using a forum accessed internationally. The computer dating system also works well (eg 2017-11-02).

Please don't take this as a personal attack.

#MAGA ^

Mike

Posted 02/11/2017
davidj1 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:12 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Regardless if this is 25/3 or 3/25 or March 25 or 25th of March this is yet another US route cancelled. Semi alliance they have/had with AA is falling apart, I guess.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Maybe they can use the extra 77L on the MAA/CMB route
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Notionally blamed on the end of the AA partnership. EY's new management is clearly under orders to stem the losses
I would look to that date as the end of the AAdvantage / Guest partnership also
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! I didn't expect this. Someone who flown AUH-DFW-AUH for press conference. It's a very long flight.

Can they freeing it up the 77LR aircraft?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by British Balikbayan

For future reference, much of the world does NOT use the American date system. In my opinion the American system is illogical because the numbers are in a non- hierarchical order. Fortunately on this occasion, the day of the month was above 12. When both numbers are below 12, it creates international ambiguity.

In my opinion it's better to write the month as a word when using a forum accessed internationally. The computer dating system also works well (eg 2017-11-02).

#MAGA ^

Mike

Posted 02/11/2017
I'd understand if the OP had written 3/8 that maybe there was confusion

But if somehow you live in a world where there is the occasional 25month year then that's just you so therefore no confusion whatsoever

I'm also British, born and bred, when was the last time you bought anything in pounds and ounces or your fuel in Gallons..... But the OP gets a schooling for using the format he and a few hundred million others use.

Not fair, sorry

Oh and by the way do you say June the eighth, or December the 25th, January the first

Write those out in numbers..... See how the American system works.......
panjabi likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:45 pm

I honestly thought their DFW route was doing pretty well... Wasn't EY doing the best of all the 3 gulf carriers in DFW?

Looks like east bound flights are gonna be more packed and expensive for north-Texans.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, UR
Originally Posted by British Balikbayan

#MAGA ^

Mike

Posted 02/11/2017
Yep! Annoying American and Texan here :P I was writing this in a hurry so I could be sure to get it out here for anyone else affected by this. I had to then quickly find another route to AUH on March 31st for my honeymoon. Tricky since it was all done with AAdvantage miles.

But in a way, I have Etihad to half blame and half thanks now.

Half blame because now I have to fly to LHR on American's 777-300ER, which isn't bad but still doesn't compare to EY F.

Half thanks, because I then booked LHR to AUH on the EY A380 in F, which will be wonderful for the fiancee (she has been looking forward to the A380 on our return leg from AUH to JFK and is ecstatic to be flying it twice).
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by tcormier
Yep! Annoying American and Texan here :P I was writing this in a hurry so I could be sure to get it out here for anyone else affected by this. I had to then quickly find another route to AUH on March 31st for my honeymoon. Tricky since it was all done with AAdvantage miles.

But in a way, I have Etihad to half blame and half thanks now.

Half blame because now I have to fly to LHR on American's 777-300ER, which isn't bad but still doesn't compare to EY F.

Half thanks, because I then booked LHR to AUH on the EY A380 in F, which will be wonderful for the fiancee (she has been looking forward to the A380 on our return leg from AUH to JFK and is ecstatic to be flying it twice).
Good work and congrats on your upcoming nuptials
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Good work and congrats on your upcoming nuptials
Except if he is on an leAAch award
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Except if he is on an leAAch award
Can't blame him for taking what's offered. All ending next year anyway so instead of being more for us, there'll be less as they're cutting down the number of available seats from Jan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.