Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest Tier Miles Expiry?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Guest Tier Miles Expiry?

After earning Etihad Guest Tier Miles how long do they stay on account before they expire?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
Originally Posted by Baresi
After earning Etihad Guest Tier Miles how long do they stay on account before they expire?

Thanks in advance
Tier miles are valid for 12 months.

You need to earn the following tier miles in a 365 day period to attain a higher tier:

Silver: 25,000, Gold: 50,000, Platinum: 125,000.

To maintain (re-qualify) a tier, you need to earn the following number of tier miles in the January to December period prior to tier expiration:

Silver: 20,000, Gold: 40,000, Platinum: 100,000.

Mike
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by British Balikbayan
Tier miles are valid for 12 months.

You need to earn the following tier miles in a 365 day period to attain a higher tier:

Silver: 25,000, Gold: 50,000, Platinum: 125,000.

To maintain (re-qualify) a tier, you need to earn the following number of tier miles in the January to December period prior to tier expiration:

Silver: 20,000, Gold: 40,000, Platinum: 100,000.

Mike
Also, there's no way on the website or app, as far as I can tell, to tell when Tier miles are actually expiring. So you need to keep a calendar or transactional log of your tier miles earning dates.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
The tier miles shown are rolling one year as are the segments. Where this doesn't help is if you want to requalify....
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
Originally Posted by xobile
Also, there's no way on the website or app, as far as I can tell, to tell when Tier miles are actually expiring. So you need to keep a calendar or transactional log of your tier miles earning dates.
Very true. I have a document on my PC which I keep updating after each flight with Guest miles, tier miles, and other details.

When I qualified for gold earlier this year, I had to be very accurate with my calculations of both miles and dates. I broke through the threshold with 50,180 miles on the final day of the rolling 12 month period. I also had to make one of my trips earlier than I really wanted as well as a mileage run detour But I'm glad I've done it now because my validity runs until end of March 2020.

The OP also needs to remember that no tier miles are earned with reward trips.

Mike
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
"With reference to your email dated xxx, I would like to inform you that our systems have been upgraded and the tier renewal process is currently under review."

Just received this

Oh oh
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Also couldn't find the tier miles earning ratio..I've got a sneaky feeling they are going to devalue this , in line with Emirates
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks guys for reply's.

Why i asked question is on the new guest website it says i need to qualify for Gold before JAN18 but my next tier miles to expire is end of FEB18? found it under Tiers and Status?

Last edited by Baresi; Oct 28, 2017 at 8:46 am
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by tommy123
Also couldn't find the tier miles earning ratio..I've got a sneaky feeling they are going to devalue this , in line with Emirates
Apologies for the bump, but that would be an interesting move. Emirates system is actually favourable if you are on a flex fare though, isn't it? Rubbish if you're not - but a fair deal if you are?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
The easiest way to "map" your expiring miles is to look back in your account activity by exactly one year. Make a note of when you flew one year ago and then you know how many miles will be coming off your total in the near future.
Not exactly straight forward but it definitely works.
The day you qualify for you next tier is your benchmark of how long you have to maintain that level in the upcoming year
Baresi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.