Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

EY changed my flight by one day. What are my options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:28 am
Original Poster

I'm travelling from CDG to IKA in April 2018, and just received an email from Etihad telling me my flight has changed (ridiculous that it doesn't tell you what has actually changed - you have to study the revised itinerary to figure that one out).

I looks like my outbound flight has been moved +24 hours. Inbound flight is unaffected.

I tried to rebook the original ticket online and it looks like the AUH IKA segment is no longer operating on the date I booked which probably explains why they've moved it.

Anyway, the new itinerary is not suitable for me. What are my options?

As an additional factor, I booked the majority of the cost of the ticket using a denied boarding voucher I was given from being bumped off an EY flight last summer (that's another story - they should have given me cash under EU rules but flat out blocked me). I wonder if they will refund in cash including the value of the voucher? Voucher was 450 euros.

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I do not know about France but here in the UK I would have taken them to court over the denied boarding

You should be entitled to a full refund and you should have been informed of your options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.