Wiki Posts
Search

Any JFK CMN EY award data points?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by eggzlot
How wide open? I'd love to burn some Thank You points and transfer TP to EY to make the booking - but I read horror stories about it taking days if not weeks for TP to transfer to EY. I have enough AMEX points too to transfer to EY which is instant. But I want to close my Citi accounts, so this would be super ideal to transfer my TP to EY. Looking to make the trip in February - business class JFK > Casablanca and then the return. 2 seats both ways.

Worth the risk to wait out the TP > EY transfer?
Every situation is different. Try transfering the minimum possible (1000 points/miles) as a test and see how long it takes.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Every situation is different. Try transfering the minimum possible (1000 points/miles) as a test and see how long it takes.
My luck the 1k transfers in 3-4 days and the 87000 transfers in 3-4 weeks ;-)

I was short on time so could not HUCA but the agent I got said they had no seats available at all anytime after Dec 31st, that the 2019 seats didnt load. Through some tough communication she said to try back in 1-2 months, that maybe the calendar only sees 6 months of flights but she was not sure. I asked her for a random date in December and she said there was 1 business class award seat available, I asked if that was normal for just 1 not 2 and she did not really have much of an answer again just saying they are a partner airline and she doesn't know.

I am planning on calling every few days at night when I have downtime - like while cooking dinner just call, wait on hold, see if I get someone new, talk to them, etc. Maybe I'll collect more data. I want to travel in February so I have time and I am not too worried (yet).
Old May 10, 2018, 6:23 am

UPDATE: So I was able to book 2 business class seats for February last night. The first time I called I could tell the call center was likely in India. I know the blogs suggest calling the Manchester call center, but I did not feel like paying for the international call just to "feel things out". This time around I still called the toll free US 800 # but based on the accent of the phone operator, fairly sure it could have been the Manchester office. The big difference, once I requested the ticket, she immediately asked me for my Etihad Membership #, reconfirmed my name/birthday and then asked for my traveling partner's full name so she can start the reservation process. The first person I called a few nights ago just said "let me check" when I asked about availability but never asked me for my full name, my Etihad membership #, etc.

She was able to pull up 2 seats on the exact dates I wanted from the start. She did mention AMEX points do transfer ASAP (though they have to legally say it could take up to 48 hours) but she did say Citi bank usually takes at least 10 days from her experience. I asked about the availability of these seats and she was fairly frank - my outbound flight she said looked "wide open" but my return trip she said looked fairly tight. She said I cannot make suggestions on what to do with my points - when I asked for her experience, she said in the last ~2 weeks she has made 4-5 bookings on Royal Air Maroc and only 1 was executed with the exact times/dates, the other few bookings had to slightly alter dates, do a connection, etc.

Risk v reward, I just transferred my AMEX points on the spot, got the tix...Now I'll have to figure out how to blow those Citibank Thankyou points. The long transfer times and some more obscure partners make it a fairly tough program (but that is for another forum on here!)
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:51 am

Eggzlot, you make it sound way more simple than other reports that I've read. I would love to book RAK-JFK route for next summer transferring Citi TUP...not exited about the 10+ day transfer time, which I'm sure cannot be reversed should there be no availability for my dates .
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Eggzlot, you make it sound way more simple than other reports that I've read. I would love to book RAK-JFK route for next summer transferring Citi TUP...not exited about the 10+ day transfer time, which I'm sure cannot be reversed should there be no availability for my dates .
cant help you with the Citi transfer times. I did AMEX because I was afraid to wait for 10 days. Eventually I am just going to speculatively move my Citi points to a program and close those two cards.

but yeah, the first call was rough but I am telling you the 2nd call was a breeze. I've booked other odd trips before, Delta Skymiles flying China Southern on a route you had to piece together, AA/Air Tahiti Nui which not all agents know about, etc. So I have some experience with less than vanilla redemption options, and the 2nd call was easy.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:32 am

I would like to setup expertflyer alerts for this particular flight...does anyone know if the business fare class code is I or Z?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I would like to setup expertflyer alerts for this particular flight...does anyone know if the business fare class code is I or Z?
Z is the cheapest biz ticket and I is award biz ticket.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by flyerby

Z is the cheapest biz ticket and I is award biz ticket.

Thanks so Z is the 44K o/w ticket?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by andrew10412
Following up on my previous post...

I called back 3 times trying to see if HUCA would work... wouldn't. Apparently the Etihad phone system is designed that in special handling cases you are routed to the exact same agent.

I tried calling when the agent said their shift would be over, and I was routed again to the Belgrade call center to another agent who didn't understand why there were issues with my ticket. Said she never had heard of a problem trying to issue a ticket on an "express" carrier. Talked to a supervisor and asked me to call again tomorrow.

I called today and was routed again to the same original agent who said she hadn't received a response from Royal Air Maroc, nor their internal team where they escalated it. Spoke with a supervisor again and came back and said it was decided they couldn't issue the ticket with Royal Air Maroc express on it.

Instead of waiting in CMN for 8 hours for a 6pm flight to RAK operated by AT directly, I elected to go to Agadir for a few days first....

Total ticket taxes/fees were $350 per ticket. I referenced ITA Matrix and YQ etc was correct to the penny.

Slightly off topic... Anyone have any tips for Agadir? Sofitel looks nice?
Five years late on a reply here but I just booked two business class seats for JFK-CMN-AGA with the CMN-AGA leg on Royal Air Maroc Express. The first Etihad agent said that this would not be permissible. I called back the following day and worked with a different agent who processed it with no issue.
seychellesbound likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.