FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   SYD-AUH in F (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1867421-syd-auh-f.html)

RealityBites Sep 17, 2017 6:27 pm

SYD-AUH in F

We just received an email from Etihad.....

• Your flight has been upgraded to First Class. At the time of your check-in, you will receive a First Class boarding pass.
• You will shortly receive a new e-ticket via email reflecting this upgrade!

.... for SYD-AUH this evening. I will report on the Apartment experience from AUH. :)

Yoshi212 Sep 17, 2017 7:07 pm

You lucky devil, enjoy.

Is this on the 77W or A380 flight?

RealityBites Sep 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Its an A380. We have 5C & 5E... the back row in F. :D

amnicoll Sep 18, 2017 3:48 am

Interesting that OP is not a premium Etihad guest - I can not help wondering if on the same flight there might be Platinum or gold card holders

m0hamed Sep 18, 2017 5:35 am

Originally Posted by RealityBites (Post 28827324)
We just received an email from Etihad.....

• Your flight has been upgraded to First Class. At the time of your check-in, you will receive a First Class boarding pass.
• You will shortly receive a new e-ticket via email reflecting this upgrade!

.... for SYD-AUH this evening. I will report on the Apartment experience from AUH. :)

Do you have any EY or VA status? Did you bid to upgrade?

RealityBites Sep 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 28828815)
Do you have any EY or VA status? Did you bid to upgrade?

No status in either program at this point in time, but will be VA Gold after reaching Dublin, and VA Platinum after the return flight.

We were ticketed in N (I think) on Etihad 607 tickets but were offered a chance to participate in the upgrade auction anyway. The base bid was about halfway up the scale and I bid a bit over that.

m0hamed Sep 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by RealityBites (Post 28832337)
No status in either program at this point in time, but will be VA Gold after reaching Dublin, and VA Platinum after the return flight.

We were ticketed in N (I think) on Etihad 607 tickets but were offered a chance to participate in the upgrade auction anyway. The base bid was about halfway up the scale and I bid a bit over that.

Context is everything. You should say that when writing a new post.

Recondite Sep 18, 2017 11:23 pm

So, er, it's a paid upgrade of a few thousand euro?

Enjoy the experience, although doesn't sound quite as amazing as the first post sounded haha :)

NoY Sep 19, 2017 7:10 am

This never felt "right”. Easy to get in F if one pays :rolleyes:

RealityBites Sep 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 28832434)
You should say that when writing a new post.

It's certainly not everything.... my FF status was not any sort of consideration for me in terms of posting here! :rolleyes:

Yoshi212 Sep 19, 2017 10:36 pm

Ok so OP won a buy-up opportunity to F on the A380. Everyone over that yet?

OP, how was your experience? Were there benefits at the airports that you did or did not receive as an upgrade?

stargold Sep 20, 2017 12:13 am

Originally Posted by RealityBites (Post 28836832)
It's certainly not everything.... my FF status was not any sort of consideration for me in terms of posting here! :rolleyes:

He meant this, because the lack of mention of auction in the opening post meant everyone thought you got a free upgrade:

m0hamed Sep 20, 2017 1:42 am

Originally Posted by RealityBites (Post 28836832)

It's FT....

Recondite Sep 20, 2017 10:31 pm

How was the experience, OP?

THR Sep 24, 2017 4:06 am

Shame the OP has not responded.