Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Very poor and disappointing Etihad Guest Customer care services

Very poor and disappointing Etihad Guest Customer care services

Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: EK, BA, AF
Originally Posted by akalra1187
This doesn't make sense.
Assuming you are correct, and assuming Etihad are using Sabre at check in, even then, what possible reason would there be for me to already be in F?
1) I am 100% correct
2) EY is on Sabre
3) flight editing had already op-up'd you, as this is the only possibility for a check-in agent to have a boarding card printed
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:59 am

I've experienced a couple of times, that the staff at the check-in upgraded passengers after some discussions. If they had to ask someone, it was just a formality and without making a call.

Nepotism is strong in the VAE and at EY. That means, that the staff at the check-in must be able to upgrade the cousin of their uncle's neighbor at every time. It also means, that sometimes you find a check-in agent, who was forced by his fathers to work some weeks a year. A because his family is rich and powerful, his boss, his boss's boss and his boss's boss's boss let him do everything he wants to do at his work.
Aventine and akalra1187 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by thbe
I've experienced a couple of times, that the staff at the check-in upgraded passengers after some discussions. If they had to ask someone, it was just a formality and without making a call.

Nepotism is strong in the VAE and at EY. That means, that the staff at the check-in must be able to upgrade the cousin of their uncle's neighbor at every time. It also means, that sometimes you find a check-in agent, who was forced by his fathers to work some weeks a year. A because his family is rich and powerful, his boss, his boss's boss and his boss's boss's boss let him do everything he wants to do at his work.
Nonsense
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Maccarthy
Nonsense
Well, you obviously didn't fly often with EY yet. Or maybe you have just forgotten to add EY to your programs. Or maybe you think, that we talk about EK, when we talk about EY and we just write the code wrong.

Until June this year I've had at least one RT flight with at least 4 legs every month for a couple of years, sometimes two or three RT a month. You can learn a lot about an airline that way. But, of course, who cares about reality these days.
akalra1187 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Etihad is going down the drain.
No doubt about this
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Well, you obviously didn't fly often with EY yet. Or maybe you have just forgotten to add EY to your programs. Or maybe you think, that we talk about EK, when we talk about EY and we just write the code wrong.

Until June this year I've had at least one RT flight with at least 4 legs every month for a couple of years, sometimes two or three RT a month. You can learn a lot about an airline that way. But, of course, who cares about reality these days.
I too fly EY in J at least once every other month, if not more. It seems @Maccarthy does not have real world experience of Etihad.

There is absolutely no reason why EY would have upgraded me before me asking, in fact the attendant had already printed a J boarding pass and when I asked him, he reprinted the F boarding pass. As you say thebe,
But, of course, who cares about reality these days.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:33 pm

Well, you obviously didn't fly often with EY yet. Or maybe you have just forgotten to add EY to your programs. Or maybe you think, that we talk about EK, when we talk about EY and we just write the code wrong...
Or maybe you don't know what you are talking about and I do...
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by akalra1187
I too fly EY in J at least once every other month, if not more. It seems @Maccarthy does not have real world experience of Etihad.
lol
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:59 am

Or maybe you don't know what you are talking about and I do...
We can definitely rule that out.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:03 am

We can definitely rule that out.
You really have no idea...
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:42 am
Suspended

This is getting really silly. @thbe and I have both quoted from our personal experience. If you, @Maccarthy, have any sources or citations to prove your point let us see them, otherwise concede defeat.

Last edited by akalra1187; Sep 13, 2017 at 10:54 am
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Nonsense
You've not flown Etihad have you?

My seat was changed away from a window and I'm too tall for the other seats. In the F lounge I saw the helpdesk, showed my booking was for 10K and she looked at the system and assigned my ticket to 1A. This was four weeks ago

It is about enablement
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
You've not flown Etihad have you?

My seat was changed away from a window and I'm too tall for the other seats. In the F lounge I saw the helpdesk, showed my booking was for 10K and she looked at the system and assigned my ticket to 1A. This was four weeks ago

It is about enablement
lol... now we went from check-in agent, to lounge manager. What you just described can only happen with flight closed and with the proper override codes.

You guys just love pathos...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
lol... now we went from check-in agent, to lounge manager. What you just described can only happen with flight closed and with the proper override codes.

Equally I have had the check in agent just bump me up on request probably forty times by just asking for it

Again, you've not flown Etihad have you?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:19 am
Suspended

There's now three of us telling you it does happen on Etihad.
If you can prove your point with a reference or citation we are all ears...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.