Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Guest changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Under the old system you had a rolling 12 month period to qualify. If I had say 99,000 miles in the qualifying year between March and December, then if I added 25,000 miles in Jan Feb at the point it hit 125,000 I have the rest of that year plus the two following on plus three months. The same counts for segments.

Ergo 3 Years. You re-qualify in the 3 free months at the end of your tenure where in theory you haven't made it

There is a German chap currently running this by flying to and from Sydney in Y as a mileage run for whom this news will be heartbreaking
Don't remind me. I am seriously angry!!!!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by justusliebig
CDG and LHR F have been adjusted to ca. 85000 guest miles (65000 old).
That must have been before the last devaluation.
It is 85k since two years or so..
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:14 pm
Original Member

Hello all
From what I can tell, there hasn't been any more clarity on the changes to come in January - particularly on any changes to mileage required for awards. Am I missing anything? Obviously some advance warning on the extent of the changes would be nice!

I am trying to figure out whether to hold onto my points or cash out!

Last edited by leroy11; Oct 7, 2017 at 6:14 pm Reason: Added a sentence
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:07 pm

Hi all,

I just got my gold card email today (8th of October) with the gold card request transaction showing today, but the day that my account ticked over for gold qualification was on the 30th of September.

Any way to check when my status expires? And which rules apply to me?

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: EY G, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by wozup12
Hi all,

I just got my gold card email today (8th of October) with the gold card request transaction showing today, but the day that my account ticked over for gold qualification was on the 30th of September.

Any way to check when my status expires? And which rules apply to me?

Thanks
From the website:
"Once you have attained a higher tier, your status is valid for the rest of that calendar year plus one year for Silver, Gold and Platinum. In addition you will enjoy the benefits of the tier for a bonus three months."

You will have status until March 2019.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by milnoraa
From the website:
"Once you have attained a higher tier, your status is valid for the rest of that calendar year plus one year for Silver, Gold and Platinum. In addition you will enjoy the benefits of the tier for a bonus three months."

You will have status until March 2019.
I think that his point was that the new rules came in from the 8th of October and wondered if he came in under the wire.

If you've received the email then it should show on your Etihad Guest page as to when you expire. If it doesn't say 2020 then kick up a fuss
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:42 am

Maybe it's me, but the emails from Etihadguest are coming thick and fast over the last two weeks.

Upgrade now, and an upgrade now reminder.

Convert other loyalty points

Use your miles during Diwali

Etc
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by Dubh
Maybe it's me, but the emails from Etihadguest are coming thick and fast over the last two weeks.

Etc
yes I had noticed this as well - ironic really they have so upset a number of their regular travelers that they are attempting to retain/win them back with offers that in my case at least are going straight over my head into the delete folder
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Dubh

Upgrade now, and an upgrade now reminder.

Convert other loyalty points

Use your miles during Diwali

Etc
also noticed this. Wondered whether it was because I had a lot of miles, so they want me to spend on cheaper rewards.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:57 am

I only have 19,000 left and still getting loads - no I think it is simply a sign of desperation following the cut backs and they are simply trying to drum up business and give the impression that they care about their frequent flyers

they need to fill the seats
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
I only have 19,000 left and still getting loads - no I think it is simply a sign of desperation following the cut backs and they are simply trying to drum up business and give the impression that they care about their frequent flyers

they need to fill the seats
Interesting, definitely assumed differently.

I also received a double miles offer a week ago, the only real stinger being that you had to book and fly by around 10th December this year.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Just burnt 110,000 miles , only another 100,000 to go and then I'm off to Oman Air
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i have used all my miles up on a london to AUH return in Business. Down to just 1 mile now!!

No socks or shades given out on the afternoon flight from Heathrow. When I asked for a pair of socks you would think i had asked them to knit me a pair from their own hair.

Finally they gave me the socks but they insisted they are no longer given out on daytime flights.

Also i have never seen the lounge staff at london so disinterested. I guess the cost cutting is affecting their morale also.
Dogmatick likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stanontour
When I asked for a pair of socks you would think i had asked them to knit me a pair from their own hair.
Brilliant, just brilliant comedy
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:48 am

My understanding of these cut backs was that they were available on request just simply not handed out automatically.

reminds me of when the launched PJs for business passengers on night flights and it transpired they meant long haul night flights defined as something like 10 hours+ as apparently there was no need to sleep and be comfortable on the 7/8 hour overnights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.