Award availability screen in EY Guest

Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Award availability screen in EY Guest

Ignore below original post: it seems the online booking system is malfunctioning completely (unless its a Chrome browser issue?). I just checked random paid flights to HKG and AUH up to March next year, there are prices, but no availability showing at all.

Hello helpful folks, I have booked EY award seats in the past no problems, but today when I look up some flights, the search returns the price of the sectors each day (showing required points + taxes) but on the line underneath, where it normally shows the flight numbers and timings, it says "no availability".

From what I recollect , if there is no availability, it should say "N/A" where the price is displayed - ie. you only see the required points and taxes if there is availability. Not today ! Or my memory has failed...

So my question is, is the EY Guest website screwed up, or does no availability really mean no availability ? Was off to KVS to check but my subscription has expired...but would be helpful to know if the site is busted (was looking for AUH-HKG return, if anyone is able to have a quick squiz, before this sunday, return about a week later) . Thanks.

(To the EY lurker: if we are logged into EY Guest, why do I have to log in again when I click on the link to do an award search? Frustrating !)

Last edited by LostAntipod; Aug 29, 2017 at 10:03 am Reason: updated
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: Trans Global Airlines Frequent Stowaway
I noticed the same thing

Does yours look like the following image below? I came to report the same thing
Attached Images  
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:34 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
I have had the same problem all morning. Glad to see it was not a problem unique to me.

BTW, I had redeemed 2 J award tickets just a few days ago. It all went very smoothly from lookup on Etihad.com and booking via phone at AA.

Today, there is no availability as far as the eye can see. AA can not see anything either.

I suspect the Etihad website is malfunctioning this morning, and/or not showing availability correctly.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by RuthlesslyAbsurd
Does yours look like the following image below? I came to report the same thing
Yep that's it.

I think we now know they will lose even more money this year, if we cant make bookings ! I'm going to book QR now. Silly people.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:26 pm

Same problem here. Horrible and non-functional website.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:18 pm

The website is indeed full of glitches and no one from Etihad seems to be even bothered to correct it. Not that I am the least surprised...
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
It still appears to be down. All dates which I have looked at offer no availability.

I find it strange that a company this size, who rely on websites for a huge part of their business don't have the basic tools in place to monitor the sites effectively
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
It still appears to be down. All dates which I have looked at offer no availability.

I find it strange that a company this size, who rely on websites for a huge part of their business don't have the basic tools in place to monitor the sites effectively
Forget it...who cares? I,ve been struggling for days and no one acknowledged even there was an issue. Are you looking at a one way or return flight? I couldn't find any availability from LAX-AUH but when I entered it as a return flight it opened up. I had to call the call center and I guess I was very fortunate to find a staff who understand my issue and manually removed one sector out.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:02 pm

Web site upgrade scheduled for 16 Sep. This will solve all the problems. Without a doubt. Rest assured. EY IT is on the case.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Web site upgrade scheduled for 16 Sep. This will solve all the problems. Without a doubt. Rest assured. EY IT is on the case.
Oh phew that's OK then, these are the same guys which wrote the code for the impenetrable multicity booking page.....
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Trans Global Airlines Frequent Stowaway
Post-update, I was indeed able to book the flight I wanted this morning. So that's good, I suppose, but I doubt all issues are fixed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.