Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad will now charge for pre-selecting economy seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad will now charge for pre-selecting economy seats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jrunway
Etihad does not exempt status pax from this charge, Emirates does.
No they don't. Exit row seats are chargeable on EK, even for Plats.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...eat-selection/
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
When introduced Gold Elites didn't have to pay for them, anyone remember the email saying that went ? .....
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver
Originally Posted by ft101
No they don't. Exit row seats are chargeable on EK, even for Plats.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...eat-selection/
I was referring to the 'preferred' seating (non-exit row, but somewhere more near the front of the cabin).
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jrunway
I was referring to the 'preferred' seating (non-exit row, but somewhere more near the front of the cabin).
Your response was to this (my bolding):

Originally Posted by kapeed
yea.. paying $175 for SFO-AUH for an exit row seat! I have no status on Ethiad.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Flew out of LHR last week , and was given ( no charge ) an emergency exit seat .( 64A ) Spoke to a few passengers scattered about the empty A380 and not one paid extra for their ( blue coloured ) privilege seat . A couple sat in row 40 at the front of the airbus ( black coloured ) had paid Ł160 extra per seat . This to me seams to be a non starter because after you have paid extra for the ( blue ) privilege seat , you are then given the option of paying more to have the seat (or seats ) next to you blocked ....So say for example I payed extra and booked 43a and blocked 43 b&c , but Mr Y deceided he wanted to sit in 43c and block 43b , but Mr Z came along and insisted ( I don't know why ) on sitting in 43b , where do myself and Mr Y go , probably to row 72 which was free anyway , and then charging us both for one blocked seat , but not the privilege seat , leaving that for someone else to pay for. ...A TIP FOR ALL , pre book your seats in the no-extra charge brown area , and about 12 hours before the flight departs , pull up the seat map ( by now you will have a good idea how full a flight is ) and move yourself around accordingly . If the flight is full , you've pre booked your original seat , so stay where you are , if it's empty ( like mine was ) move yourself around , or get lucky ( like I was ) with an upgrade .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.