Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost baggage nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Lost baggage nightmare

New to this, first post....need advice please with people having a similar experience ?
flew bhx - dub - auh - kul
no baggage had arrived at Kul
Filed a report
tried to call KUL lost baggage team everyday for 6 days no response, spoke to service agent at KUL and one bag arrived the next day
still waiting for my bag which has all the valuables, personal belongings, essential diabetes medication and all my clothes and toiletries.
No- one wants to do except ask us for a PIR number everyday on twitter and do nothing with it
what are my rights and how can I escalate it?
i am having to buy literally everything inc my diabetes medication
now been 8 days and etihad have completely ruined our honeymoon
any advice would be much appreciated thank you
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There is not many ch you can do. Buy essentials, keep your forwarding address updated in the Worldtracer system, and don't call. Calling is a waste of time as they won't see any information that you can't see yourself online. Ignore whatever promises they give you. Call your travel insurance as well. It was foolish putting valuables and essential medication in your check-in. That fault is yours.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
It was foolish putting valuables and essential medication in your check-in. That fault is yours.
A little bit harsh. Maybe OP has learned a valuable lesson here. I would not say its his fault that EY have lost his baggage and are not doing anything to help. I would say its the fault of the airline 100%
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
All airlines tell you not to put valuables or essential medication in checked baggage.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by LondonElite
That fault is yours.
Outrageous comment.
I automatically assumed the pax had positioned some temporary medication into hand luggage, the remaining in checked. Not all valuables can be positioned into hand luggage.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Outrageous comment.
I automatically assumed the pax had positioned some temporary medication into hand luggage, the remaining in checked. Not all valuables can be positioned into hand luggage.
specially when one considers EY and EK's draconian restrictions on hand luggage weight, which includes weighing the carry-on along with a handpurse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.