Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Services that we have lost so far

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
- Premium Check In - Never enforced. Locals know they can rock up with the 1,237 bags and 11 nannies all in economy, no status except maybe an ADCB credit card. Feral kids run around jacked on sugar.

- Fast Track Security - doesn’t actually exist. It’s a hot mess of all passengers.

- Remote Gates - Tell me it will be ok when midfield opens! Tell me! I dare ya!

- Extra Leg Room in Y - Still no system for giving platinum/golds free or reduced cost extra leg room seats.

- Gate2Gate IFE - making people watch the bull$h!t ads for an airline they’ve already bought a ticket for. When you board a flight an hour before you’d have thought it would help keep kids happy by having the IFE up and running? Shutting it off over an hour before landing? Petty product differentiation with J and just annoys others when kids get board. Why the hell are they doing this when so many people have their own headphones?

- Service Timing - recent last evening flight from MUC didn’t get lights out until gone 0100 CET. The efficiency of service delivery is terrible. Look at how EU airlines get food and drinks done. EY! You’re not giving a 5* product, get the food and drink out ASAP and let people rest. Short sectors like that at full with non- service service.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:10 pm

Reclining Chairs in F lounge - WhyTF remove these? They were bad to start with, but better than the crap you put there now. It’s now a completely dead space.

No Business Area in F Lounge -
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
-
- Remote Gates - Tell me it will be ok when midfield opens! Tell me! I dare ya!
I love your posts Fozzy !
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
-

- Gate2Gate IFE - making people watch the bull$h!t ads for an airline they’ve already bought a ticket for. When you board a flight an hour before you’d have thought it would help keep kids happy by having the IFE up and running? Shutting it off over an hour before landing? Petty product differentiation with J and just annoys others when kids get board. Why the hell are they doing this when so many people have their own headphones?
Are you saying they turn off the IFE one hour prior to landing? Just to collect the headphones?! That is ridiculous, if I understand that correctly.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
And now anybody with miles to burn can access any lounge they choose .way to go Etihad . Just keep digging the hole ,you won't get out of...Mr Hogan did this with Ansett......he has now been releived of his post , now the next comedians arrive with new brainwave ideas , totally clueless
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:53 pm

Oman air on status match seams
Available ......looks far more sofisticated in Muscat ....just a thought
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:07 pm

Good....message printed
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
Originally Posted by knit-in
Are you saying they turn off the IFE one hour prior to landing? Just to collect the headphones?! That is ridiculous, if I understand that correctly.
In my experience it's on approach, so about 20 minutes to landing.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Sorry for the delay in reporting back about my flights ARN-ZRH-AUH-MEL in J

Firstly I will say that the staff EY has are completely clueless about what a passanger is entitled to.
I have spoken with EY about lounge access at ARN on the outbound and AMS on the way home. Was told that I would not be entitled to lounge access. This turned out to be untrue as I was able to use the lounge at ARN, and hopefully this will be the same on the way home through AMS

Crew - ZRH-AUH most of the crew were ok, and one was actually very very good.
There is obviously something wrong with the routine for service for eg When taking orders the crew member told me her name and said that she would be looking after us, I only saw her once after that and it wasn't while she was looking after us. This was true on both legs of the outbound.
Plus points were that one member was very proactive with the refills and extremely fast with requests, and they still managed to make sure that my partner and I ate our courses at the same time on the ZRH-AUH leg but not on the AUH-MEL leg

F&B - No ingredients lists loaded for the meals, and no allergy advice. This has been available in the past. Not usually a big deal for most, but as my partner is highly allergic to peanuts and less so to all other nuts, it is an important factor for us.
The meals were very uninspiring compared with last year. My meals were ok at absolute best, and both mains that my partner ordered were awful, one was completely inedible.
Wrong menus were distributed to some passengers, we only noticed this when my partner was served something that she had not ordered, so the crew did not notice even when orders were being taken.
Plus points were maybe the desserts and the beverage service
There was no priority screening at AUH, and staff aboard the flight were confused about what fast track was.

Amenities - No amenity kit provided on ZRH-AUH as I suspected, I was prepared for that but I still think that on a 6 plus hour sector this should be provided regardless of time of flight.

Lounge - no more al la carte dinning, food options for the buffet seem to have gone down since last time I flew, and I couldnt be sure but I believe there are less staff in the lounge now also.

Etihad guest - Not related to this trip exactly but there have been several devaluations recently within the program that make it hard to see whats the point of even being a member.

Overall the trip was still fine considering that the longer sector has the business studio which I rate very highly, but the overall experience is definitely less polished than 12 months ago.

I have the return sectors coming up in about a 1.5 weeks time, so will share experiences from that trip also.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by csdf
In my experience it's on approach, so about 20 minutes to landing.
I think this depends on crew and cabin. In April I flew BKK-AUH in J and IFE was on until about 15 minutes before landing. AUH-MAN in Y, it was about 70 minutes.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold
Nagoya - AUH

Just wanted to add that there were no pyjamas in business on the overnight flight from Nagoya (leaving at 9.30pm) to AUH (arriving at 6am), with a quick stop in Beijing.The duration of the flight is 3h+8h=11h.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:32 pm

Complete tripe on the two long haul flights over the weekend - absolutely ZERO service in Y. Not a welcome back, not a ‘do you need anything’ blah blah blah. No fast track cards (little value to me, but handy when family come).

Highly annoying on a 5hr55m sector and it takes them 2.5hrs to complete service. Nobody should be eating at 2330/0000. If they are, its mainly just because it has been put in front of them. The majority of people would have eaten earlier that evening. Why keep the effin’ lights on for so long, when most people want to nod off, or just watch a movie in peace.

EY sucks on so many levels now it’s just comical.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Complete tripe on the two long haul flights over the weekend - absolutely ZERO service in Y. Not a welcome back, not a ‘do you need anything’ blah blah blah. No fast track cards (little value to me, but handy when family come).

Highly annoying on a 5hr55m sector and it takes them 2.5hrs to complete service. Nobody should be eating at 2330/0000. If they are, its mainly just because it has been put in front of them. The majority of people would have eaten earlier that evening. Why keep the effin’ lights on for so long, when most people want to nod off, or just watch a movie in peace.

EY sucks on so many levels now it’s just comical.
Why should nobody be eating at 2330/0000?

Normally people know they are going to bed fed on a 6hr flight and therefore will wait for dinner onboard. It is after all a means of transport not a flying bedroom.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Cigar lounge is now selling cigars?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
I am a wheelchair user. I do not have any accompanying passengers. People like tommy123 who abuse the system just to jump a queue and get to the lounge faster cause knock-on problems for the rest of us. If someone is pushing Tommy and his like around the airport then they are not available to collect genuinely disabled passengers. I have had transits in AUH of nearly 3 hours where I haven't been able to visit the lounge because of the delays in getting wheelchair service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.