Wiki Posts
Search

Services that we have lost so far

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Good to know!
Will be a good data point to see if I receive the same.
Actually flew AUH-ZRH, but flight time should be the same
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Traveled from LHR last Friday 16 june evening and there was only 4 staff at checkin took 30min!
lost lounge access for silver members!
From AUH to BKK no sandwich/roll was served or offered before landing!
Double tier miles and guest miles bonus offers
Triple economy bonus miles offers

Last edited by Baresi; Jun 27, 2017 at 2:01 am
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
No more full meal tray service in economy on 3.5 hour flights.

You are handed down a lunch bag with Assorted items.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Should we start a thread highlighting what Etihad continues to do well and has "improved its value proposition for guests" or indeed whether Etihad offers "the best-in-class service for all guests, in all cabins"as they would have us believe in their press comment
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by amnicoll
Should we start a thread highlighting what Etihad continues to do well and has "improved its value proposition for guests" or indeed whether Etihad offers "the best-in-class service for all guests, in all cabins"as they would have us believe in their press comment
It would be threadbare

I'll get me coat
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Not an issue for many here. But the reduction in luggage reduction from 30KG to 23KG in economy for the cheaper fare classes. For silver upwards, an extra bag is given. But its a pain to have to carry two cases if I need more than 23KG. The official line is that this cannot be combined, but checkin staff in MAN always allow it. But one day, they may be required enforce this.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:02 am

Oh dear. Lot of whingers on here. Does seem like a lot of 'enhancements' are being made to save money and there's a lot of inconsistencies.

Everyone has a choice who they fly with though. Be interesting to know which vastly superior, consistent and cost effective airline ppl are leaving EY for.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by ollieinmelbourne
Oh dear. Lot of whingers on here. Does seem like a lot of 'enhancements' are being made to save money and there's a lot of inconsistencies.

Everyone has a choice who they fly with though. Be interesting to know which vastly superior, consistent and cost effective airline ppl are leaving EY for.
What we are talking about is a steady decline and then a leap off the cliff.

Yes things may sometimes go wrong but when the airline does not care and it is a regular problem then it may be time to look elsewhere. Despite complaints premium passengers are often not given their own channel or priority for security screening at Abu Dhabi during transfer and the airline are not willing to take the case up with the airport management on behalf of their premium passengers.

I am going to give Emirates a try - otherwise probably Qatar although the times are less convenient for me without the chauffeur.
Prince77 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I am going to give Emirates a try - otherwise probably Qatar although the times are less convenient for me without the chauffeur.
Sadly, with the current embargo, Qatar is a non starter for me as I need access to the UAE as well
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ollieinmelbourne

Save it. As a consumer, one demands the best.

I'd say cancel the ridiculous Manchester route and they will save a lot of money.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:58 am

I'd say cancel the ridiculous Manchester route and they will save a lot of money.

how would it save money the majority of the flights I have been taken to and from are nearly full and business class full (whether they will be in the future remains to be seen)

With the quality going down then they will have to discount more , revenue will fall, more cost saving will have to be found and so on
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum

how would it save money the majority of the flights I have been taken to and from are nearly full and business class full (whether they will be in the future remains to be seen)

With the quality going down then they will have to discount more , revenue will fall, more cost saving will have to be found and so on
If those planes are going full I guess I was wrong.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by akalra1187

What a strange thing to say. I have been regularly travelling MAN-AUH for about 10 years. I cant recall seeing a plane that was less that 90% full.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:45 pm
Tel

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
Save it. As a consumer, one demands the best.

That statement speaks volumes
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:32 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
If those planes are going full I guess I was wrong.
IME, with that route, you are most definitely way off the mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.