Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Services that we have lost so far

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by JayCee1966
My main complaint was about poor overall service by the crew in J - "Outbound on EY15 the crew we're pretty much dialling it in - absolute minimum effort required to get the job done." The status gripe is more about what they should already be doing with their frequent flyers. Etihad are always banging on about how they value their FFs, "We recognise the importance of our frequent flyers to our business " was a direct quote from the feedback team a few weeks ago. If the management aren't aware of the crew shortcomings then how can they address/rectify the issues?

You'd think with all the EY cuts being implemented seemingly weekly, anything they can do for free would be something they could capitalise on.
Of course you should complain about such things. How can management ever be aware of crew performance if nobody gives them feedback? Either crew are supposed to recognise status or they are not. If they are supposed to recognise status, then they should do it, because it is part of their job.
JayCee1966 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
In a time where we seem to be seeing worse and worse from Etihad, I thought I would report a bit of a positive experience I had with the Gold Guest email. I upgraded a ticket from BOM-JFK from Y to J on just the AUH-JFK sector on miles. Post landing in New York I noticed I had only been credited miles for BOM-AUH. I emailed both retroclaims and goldguest and recieved a response from "[email protected]" that the claim was under process. About a week later I emailed them again asking for an update as it had been a while and within 24 hours I had a response regarding the ticket and the miles claim. I know it still reflects poorly on Etihad in a way, but it was an excellent show of customer service, in my opinion.
JayCee1966 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Flew EY J for the first time last weekend (DEL-AUH-JFK).

Have to say both flights were quite wonderful even though the DEL-AUH segment was in the A321. Was pleasantly surprised by the generous recline in the seat. The service and food was pretty top notch. The FA had a hard time understanding that I wanted a scotch as my aperitif and then champagne with dinner, so I never really saw the champagne, but it was a short enough flight to overlook that little hiccup. Dine on Demand was available for those who wanted it.

AUH-JFK was truly remarkable. The seat was a bit too firm for my taste and felt a tad tight in the middle row (22F) once the middle partition went up. My elbow hit the partition several times when I moved to adjust myself while sleeping.

The soft product was superb though. The cabin crew was on their feet at all times. The FA call bell was answered within minutes. Not only were they polite but also very affable. Food was great. Dine on Demand was available. Spent some time in the lounge area. Made some friends, drinks were offered to be refilled pro-actively by the very attentive FAs.

Whatever they were like in years past, I regret not having tried that product, considering I had the most satisfactory experience in this age of cutbacks.
cairns likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by ss1710
In a time where we seem to be seeing worse and worse from Etihad, I thought I would report a bit of a positive experience I had with the Gold Guest email. I upgraded a ticket from BOM-JFK from Y to J on just the AUH-JFK sector on miles. Post landing in New York I noticed I had only been credited miles for BOM-AUH. I emailed both retroclaims and goldguest and recieved a response from "[email protected]" that the claim was under process. About a week later I emailed them again asking for an update as it had been a while and within 24 hours I had a response regarding the ticket and the miles claim. I know it still reflects poorly on Etihad in a way, but it was an excellent show of customer service, in my opinion.

For what it's worth, I think it's a standard complaint that Etihad never credits the original ticket when an upgrade is made. You have to contact them after the fact, which is frustrating and I know many people who have forgotten to do so and have lost miles as a result.
JayCee1966 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Xobile, agreed.

EVERY time so far, for me, zero miles are credited on any upgrade. Quick email to Etihad Guest and the miles etc. usually appear within a week. Occasionally a prompt or 2 is needed. Sometimes the miles credited are incorrect but have always been in my favour...

Originally Posted by xobile
For what it's worth, I think it's a standard complaint that Etihad never credits the original ticket when an upgrade is made. You have to contact them after the fact, which is frustrating and I know many people who have forgotten to do so and have lost miles as a result.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:54 am

It's a bit of a stretch to praise them for quickly fixing the result of a fault they've known about for years.
Hoias likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:55 am

No lemon mint on the EY20 out of LHR.

On an ME carrier? What the....?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
to be fair, I rarely (if ever) am offered lemon mint outside of AUH departures.
JayCee1966 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Agreed. Have also been able to order lemon & mint CAI-AUH so maybe it’s ME / Levant departures?

Originally Posted by kelix
to be fair, I rarely (if ever) am offered lemon mint outside of AUH departures.
kelix likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.