Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unpublished Platinum Benefits?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Ask the crew to tell you exactly they can do for you that they won’t for the 85-90% of other passengers who aren’t 1) EY Platinum 2) a member of EY Guest at all 3) are flying EY for the first, and probably last, time because they’re price sensitive and will go to QR when they see they are cheap for example.

most of the crew can’t. They can’t even fathom why it’s important to recognise the more frequent guests. For an airline in a financial pickle, they do the best at p!$$ing off the return customers.
Suppose this will happen when all the good service oriented crew have moved on.
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
I have to say, my last two flights in Y have been amazing in terms of specific Platinum recognition: greetings before take-off, choice of meals delivered first along with all the special and children's meals, follow-ups during the flight and a good-bye before landing, with fast-track card. What's weird is that in J, none of this happens. Perhaps the Y crew get specific training in this area?
danial21 likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: EY Gold
Originally Posted by csdf
I have to say, my last two flights in Y have been amazing in terms of specific Platinum recognition: greetings before take-off, choice of meals delivered first along with all the special and children's meals, follow-ups during the flight and a good-bye before landing, with fast-track card. What's weird is that in J, none of this happens. Perhaps the Y crew get specific training in this area?
Same experience here, always been recognised in Y but never in J. I don't mind as ofc as J tends to be quite good anyway.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:24 am

No recognition in Y. Generally, Platinum is useless these days. Not even OpUps anymore, they prefer to bid all seats away.
NoY likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yes, OpUps are a thing of the past. I think my last upgrade surprise was around 18 months ago.
Saying that, I have had the same crew a number of times on my regular L/H route and the service in Y has been getting much better. I think it helps when you see a familiar face.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.