Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ramadan.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:30 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by catharsis
I am there now and it is not.

I was hoping that a brandy might be available in the cigar room, but only after 7:15 PM apparently.

No alchohol in the F lounge at all during daylight hours.
Disappointing but not entirely surprising. I will make up for it’s absence once onboard in the F cabin
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: MP-AM, Etihad Guest Platinum
Here at the FC Lounge now (9 pm Abu Dhabi time) and they are serving the full range of drinks. Service has been amazing so far.
BTW- transit security was a major hell hole. 4 lines (and possibly more backed up all the way to the stairs) I asked if there was a premium line and was told first by AUH security that there was none. So I decided to ask an Etihad staff if there was one and he just said "Sorry not at this time..."
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
Was in the F Lounge couple days ago, no alcohol, absolutely no chance at all from I think 4am to 7/8pm
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
This comes up every, single year.

Yes you order alcohol in lounges and on board. In the lounge the bar will appear closed but staff will serve you. There are NO restrictions in flight or any routes (except, perhaps Saudi Arabian flights).
Definitely no booze in the EY F lounge during day time. EY, you need to decide if you want to be a global carrier or not - EK serves booze 24h during Ramadan in lounges.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:45 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Definitely no booze in the EY F lounge during day time. EY, you need to decide if you want to be a global carrier or not - EK serves booze 24h during Ramadan in lounges.
Yep no booze at all right now in the F lounge. Iftar onwards only. I tend to agree about the comparison with EK ^
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: DL-SM Silver, EY-Gold, HH
Originally Posted by NoY
Yep no booze at all right now in the F lounge. Iftar onwards only. I tend to agree about the comparison with EK ^
And one more agree!
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone provide a more recent update on this? Will there be alcohol on EY flights once in the air during Ramadan? or in the lounge once the sun sets? I have a 15-hour flight AUH to ORD during Ramadan so am curious.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:59 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
booze is everywhere. these days are long gone...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.