FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Web check-in - middle seats allocated by EY robot (Platinum) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1844540-web-check-middle-seats-allocated-ey-robot-platinum.html)

CalFlyer May 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Web check-in - middle seats allocated by EY robot (Platinum)

What's wrong with EY? Whenever I check in online and I have not reserved seats ahead of time, the robot typically assigns me (a Platinum) a middle seat. Come on, why doesn't EY manage to adjust their algorithm a bit? In all cases there were plenty of aisle seats available.

Care a bit more about your few Plats, EY!

akalra1187 May 25, 2017 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by CalFlyer (Post 28359306)
What's wrong with EY? Whenever I check in online and I have not reserved seats ahead of time, the robot typically assigns me (a Platinum) a middle seat. Come on, why doesn't EY manage to adjust their algorithm a bit? In all cases there were plenty of aisle seats available.

So why not select your seat?

CalFlyer May 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by akalra1187 (Post 28359330)
So why not select your seat?

Because sometimes I do last minute changes through some nightline travel agent, and they just "forget" to reserve seats.

akalra1187 May 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by CalFlyer (Post 28359948)
Because sometimes I do last minute changes through some nightline travel agent, and they just "forget" to reserve seats.

I understand that you might be busy/ forget to do it before hand, I'd still remind the call agent at the time, but why not just select the seat when you check in. Etihad will tend to accommodate Platinum fliers when checking in.

thbe May 25, 2017 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by CalFlyer (Post 28359306)

I agree, that EY has a problem at that point. It's like the non-existing or non-working priority line at AUH or the performance of the Platinum hotline.

I think, they just don't know, how to handle top tiers and they don't really care about that too. It seems, that they are focused on the on-time-a-year Eco guest.

CalFlyer Jun 13, 2017 11:30 am

Originally Posted by thbe (Post 28360799)
I agree, that EY has a problem at that point. It's like the non-existing or non-working priority line at AUH or the performance of the Platinum hotline.

I think, they just don't know, how to handle top tiers and they don't really care about that too. It seems, that they are focused on the on-time-a-year Eco guest.

Exactly, it should be a simple algorithm that allocates an attractive seats to Platinums and even keeps the seat next to them empty (like e.g. LH does for me all the time). I think it is an incompetent management team.