Residence Lounge at CDG?

Old May 22, 2017, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Residence Lounge at CDG?

Deciding whether to start my EY Residence trip ex-LHR or ex-CDG.

I know that in LHR they have a room side the Etihiad lounge for Residence passengers.

However, is this also the case for CDG?
Old May 24, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
why not ask Etihad?
Old May 24, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by amnicoll
why not ask Etihad?
Because they'll ask for his ticket number and PNR, wait for a week then answer a totally different question to the one asked.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:49 pm

ask the vip travel concierge ; they will get back to you within the day
[email protected]
Old May 25, 2017, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Because they'll ask for his ticket number and PNR, wait for a week then answer a totally different question to the one asked.
cynic!

I agree with your sentiments about their customer service but even Etihad are not this bad and this is the type of enquiry that would easily and quickly answered.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
cynic!

I agree with your sentiments about their customer service but even Etihad are not this bad and this is the type of enquiry that would easily and quickly answered.
Is it cynical even though it's true?

You should look in the "Ask EtihadHelp" thread. This is how the majority of queries are initially dealt with.

To the OP: travelling in the Residence is not about the ground services. Assume CDG doesn't have the "room" you desire. Instead of factoring in this non-event, plan your travel according to the things that actually matter - schedules, prices, etc
Old May 25, 2017, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28

You should look in the "Ask EtihadHelp" thread. This is how the majority of queries are initially dealt with.

To the OP: travelling in the Residence is not about the ground services. Assume CDG doesn't have the "room" you desire. Instead of factoring in this non-event, plan your travel according to the things that actually matter - schedules, prices, etc
Schedule and price are hardly going to be near the top of the list on a Residence flight.
Paris to UAE flights are abundant. Anyone will find a flight to match their schedule and 'price' requirements. If someone has chose the Residence, factors other than price and schedule are more important to them.
But wait...
Even a Y customer on the same plane will be a customer so surely the service level for a Residence customer will be the same.
Anyway, with regard to a Residence lounge in CDG, I don't know for sure but seeing as it's a new route for Etihad, after the A380 being swapped from BOM to CDG, and add to that Etihad don't seem to be spending a penny this year, I don't think there is one.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28

I was certainly not suggesting Etihad help - I meant give them a ring where they tend to be very helpful
Old May 26, 2017, 5:02 am

In EY's current cost-cutting mood, I don't know whether they will particularly care - they might just rope off an area of the lounge with dedicated staff serving the Residence section.
Originally Posted by akalra1187
Even a Y customer on the same plane will be a customer so surely the service level for a Residence customer will be the same.
Do grow up.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by stargold
In EY's current cost-cutting mood, I don't know whether they will particularly care - they might just rope off an area of the lounge with dedicated staff serving the Residence section.Do grow up.
I did wonder if they even knew what the Residence was
Old May 27, 2017, 2:29 am
Suspended

Do grow up.
Do you realise it was sarcasm, based on another thread, or are you taking my comment seriously?
Old May 27, 2017, 2:49 am

No I did not know your comment related to another thread
Old May 27, 2017, 3:27 am
Suspended

No I did not know your comment related to another thread

Stargold made a snide comment towards me, not you?
Old May 27, 2017, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by akalra1187
Stargold made a snide comment towards me, not you?
I don't think "snide" means what you think it means. I couldn't have been any more direct if I tried.

The very reason for my comment was in response to your attempt to bring that tiresome debate to this thread, so yes, I was fully aware that I was not supposed to take you seriously.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:46 am
Suspended

I don't think "snide" means what you think it means. I couldn't have been any more direct if I tried.

The very reason for my comment was in response to your attempt to bring that tiresome debate to this thread, so yes, I was fully aware that I was not supposed to take you seriously.
You're very sure of yourself. Good for you. As far as I'm concerned Etihad need to do more for their Etihad Guest gold and platinum members and so if you find that tiresome, you're free not to read. Meanwhile, your comment was indeed snide because age has absolutely nothing to do with being a customer, and you don't even know my age.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.