Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay to Upgrade to first lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 5:20 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
I'm, for once, in agreement with NoY on this. Ego is such that it is shut down or be very good - it's moving away from being very good at the moment.

They've got to cut loose the various money pits and concentrate on making their own money. One really wonders how many revenue passengers the partners were providing them anyway
Old May 11, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by NoY
Cue James Hogan departing stage left after that question...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I am considering paying for an upgrade from the business lounge to the first one for a 9am departure from AUH.

Is the first lounge much nicer than business? Also do they still offer the tasting menu amd comprehensive a la carte at this time in the morning or is it just standard breakfast?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
If you do upgrade to the first class lounge, I recommend to get a VIP room for an extra $100 - assuming you are more than one person.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:46 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
I am considering paying for an upgrade from the business lounge to the first one for a 9am departure from AUH.

Is the first lounge much nicer than business? Also do they still offer the tasting menu amd comprehensive a la carte at this time in the morning or is it just standard breakfast?
Can't comment on the Business Lounge but they will make you anything from the breakfast or standard menus if you ask. It's the First lounge so you won't hear 'No.'
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:47 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Neilgcal

Yes. Despite some cuts, the F lounge is MUCH nicer. It’s quieter, you will get a seat & the waiter-service food is actually pretty good, for the most part. I do love their eggs benedict & a spicy Bloody Mary for brekkie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.