Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Redemption - Stopover?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Etihad Redemption - Stopover?

I finally managed to book some redemption flights : LHR - AUH - KUL (return).

Only took 5 phone calls to Etihad over the space of 3 days - I was told different things each time!

Anyway, my question is has anyone ever managed to extend their stopover in AUH. On the return, I have a 2 hour stopover but I was hoping to turn it into a 24 hour one! There was no option to do so when booking, but I wanted to see if anyone has ever tried to do something similar. Perhaps it is something that can be done at AUH airport?

Any advice/experience that anyone has would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Instead of "extending your stopover", what you are now asking to do is to change your ticket.

Bear in mind that changing your redemption ticket is not free, and requires that there is availability on the flight you want to change to. As there wasn't avaialbility on your desired flight when you booked, it is unlikely that space will open up - or, if it does, it will be at a much higher price, which you would also have to cover.

Date changes have to be done at least 24 hours prior to departure of the originally-booked flight, so waiting til the airport is NOT the way to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.