FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Lounge access - arriving first, departing business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1819278-lounge-access-arriving-first-departing-business.html)

dansound Feb 1, 2017 10:30 pm

Lounge access - arriving first, departing business

Edited

VH-RMD Feb 1, 2017 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by dansound (Post 27853173)
Decided to trade in some points to experience First Apartment on the A380, beyond excited about that.

I depart BOM on First Apartment, arrive AUH, Depart to EDI Business (there is no first on this service)

can i use the First lounge in AHU while transiting, as I am arriving first, or will it be the business lounge?

thanks
Danny

Others, including myself, have been able to access the F lounge where the next onward service has no F.

You do not get the 15min treatments however.

ac737 Feb 28, 2017 9:26 am

anyone have experience with this on separate tix?

i'm flying from JFK-AUH in EY F arriving at noon. I have a flight at 3AM (15 hours later) from AUH-DOH in EY J on a separate ticket. Will I have access to the EY F lounge?

sabdhabi Feb 28, 2017 9:41 am

A friend had a ticket DOH SIN DOH. The DOH AUH DOH flights were in J. The AUH SIN AUH flights were in F. It was one ticket. As she had a stopover in AUH on the return to DOH, she was not allowed to use the F lounge. To use the F lounge, she must have been on a connecting flight and not on a stopover. It doesn't make much sense to me.

sabdhabi Feb 28, 2017 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ac737 (Post 27969770)

i'm flying from JFK-AUH in EY F arriving at noon. I have a flight at 3AM (15 hours later) from AUH-DOH in EY J on a separate ticket. Will I have access to the EY F lounge?

As they are two tickets, my guess is you will not have access to the F lounge.

ac737 Mar 1, 2017 7:35 am

Thanks guys

wdc Apr 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by ac737 (Post 27969770)

have you taken the flights and gotten a definitive answer on this?

Thanks.

regtur Apr 17, 2017 5:05 am

I have a flight next week in J CAI - AUH - KUL return. I was offered to make a bid (minimum 285 euro, max aprox. 800 euro if I remember correctly) to upgrade to F for the first segment CAI - KUL. The other segments don't have F cabin. Would a succesful upgrade give me access to the F lounge in Abu Dhabi?

I realise that I am arriving in F and not departing. But I thought, maybe they grant me access, because the next flight doesn't have F cabin. But than again I am on a upgrade so maybe they won't allow me access, than again, the offer states I will get access to their F lounge, but that could be when departing AUH only ofcourse. So I can think of quite a few arguments for both outcomes.

Interested in your views/experiences.

And does anybody know what fare class the upgraded ticket would be?

regtur Apr 30, 2017 12:03 pm

To answer my own questions, yes you get access to the First lounge after arriving in F and continuing in J, when F is a paid upgrade (upgrade select). The upgraded ticket is R-class.

johndoes May 15, 2017 3:54 pm

I'm travelling to BOM via JFK & AUH in F Class throughout (AA miles award ticket).

Will I get access to EY F class lounge at JFK and AUH?

PatongPilot May 16, 2017 6:15 am

Yes, doesn't matter that it is an award ticket. F ticket has access regardless of how you paid for it

kyushuman Aug 13, 2019 7:47 am

I am looking at a ticket LHR-AUH-BOM (F apartments on LHR-AUH, then J on AUH-BOM) and have a few options. Wondering about use of F lounge in AUH. Oh also, is it worth bothering about, is the F lounge so much better than the J lounge?

1) a 90 minute connection around 1-3am
I am sure I'd be able to use the F lounge, as it's a quick connection.
2) arrive 1am, depart 14:00
Less sure that I'd be able to use the F lounge, especially if I get a hotel room in the city and come back to the airport for the flight in J
3) arrive 1am, depart 19:00
Pretty sure I'd have to use the J lounge.

Anyone with knowledge/history of this? Thanks!