Business on Etihad, UK to Aus

Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Business on Etihad, UK to Aus

Hi, just booked to take my family from the UK to Australia (flying from Manchester to Sydney and then back from Melbourne) on Etihad in business class. We have never flown Etihad before - we seem to be on 777-300s on all flights apart from the Abu Dhabi - Sydney leg, which is the A380.

A few simple questions if I may:

1) does the Manchester - Abu Dhabi flight go to/from Terminal 1 or 3 at Abu Dhabi airport? I've seen some conflicting info on this.

2) will we get pyjamas on the Abu Dhabi to Australia flights or are these only for passengers in First Class?

3) does anyone have experience of what a kid's meal is typically like in Business class?

4) my eldest 2 kids are 15 & 12 - they were planning to have a standard adult meal. Are there typically fairly plain western options on the menu or would I perhaps be safer also considering a child's meal (or other special meal) for them?

5) we've got some internal flights in economy booked with Virgin Australia - do they vigorously police the "max 1 piece of hold baggage" policy or has anyone any evidence to suggests that they can be flexible for international passengers who've come in on Etihad in business? I suspect I can guess the answer but thought I'd chance my arm anyway!

Many thanks in advance.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Lumpster
4) my eldest 2 kids are 15 & 12 - they were planning to have a standard adult meal. Are there typically fairly plain western options on the menu or would I perhaps be safer also considering a child's meal (or other special meal) for them?
I travelled with them for the first time last year (EDI-AUH-BKK) and if there's one thing stands out it was the poor food. Not quality or preparation or service, but the choices for a plain British food eater. If they're like me and there's something in the special meal choices they'll like, then go for it.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:57 pm

1) does the Manchester - Abu Dhabi flight go to/from Terminal 1 or 3 at Abu Dhabi airport? I've seen some conflicting info on this.
- Can vary but transit between terminals is rather fast so nothing to worry about.

2) will we get pyjamas on the Abu Dhabi to Australia flights or are these only for passengers in First Class?
- On long haul flights you do get pyjamas in J so not for manchester but would get in on sydney, as well as small matress topper i think.

3) does anyone have experience of what a kid's meal is typically like in Business class?
- order a la carte. a few good options for kids there, chef can tailor it slightly i guess.
- maybe order the child menu option if they might be a bit difficult with food.

5) we've got some internal flights in economy booked with Virgin Australia - do they vigorously police the "max 1 piece of hold baggage" policy or has anyone any evidence to suggests that they can be flexible for international passengers who've come in on Etihad in business? I suspect I can guess the answer but thought I'd chance my arm anyway!
- same ticket or seperate? my guess is strict with 1 piece

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.