Etihad and Abu Dhabi in Economy

Old Nov 20, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: AY+Plat
There is no security between T1 & T3. If your flight arrives in T3, security lines are not so bad. If you arrive in T1, you must be prepared for very very long and disorganized queues.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Went through AUH a couple of times in October, and both times the inbound plane parked out on the tarmac. We were bused to T1 where security clearance took about 5 minutes.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lento
There is no security between T1 & T3. If your flight arrives in T3, security lines are not so bad. If you arrive in T1, you must be prepared for very very long and disorganized queues.
I arrived in T3 last week,just opposite to the Al Reem lounge ( It was my first time arriving in T3 ). God, chaos at its best. There was no ground staff sorting the crowd, business class queue doesn't seem to exist, neither any preference for people travelling with infants/young children.

Alas I sprinted to the gate, I found atleast 5 staffs shouting out for my onward flight. How cool that they help you for the last 5 meters, I ran all the way on my own without being confronted by a single staff. i.e From T3 to T1...From touch down I had only about 50 minutes..!

This is where EK makes a difference, you could bet that there will be a EK staff at the gate when your onward flight is less than an hour. EK airport is huge, but try sprinting once from T1 to T3in AUH..!

At all arrival gate you could see ground staff in clusters chit-chatting and then none exist until you reach your next gate. What a waste of resource..!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.