Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
AA EXPLAT means nothing as far as Etihad is concerned. That said if the 4 of them are on revenue tickets then they will probably let you in as well. If your on Aa Or AS redemptions then probably not unfortunately. You may luck out if there is a good supervisor at the entrance but don't count on it. There are not many supervisors & the employees who work the entrance are retained like robots
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
I will be traveling with 4 family members seated in F and I will be in business class. Do you guys think they will make an exception and let me in the F lounge with the rest of my family? I'm AA ExPLT if it matters at all. Thanks
Are you 5 guests in total? Or are there more family members, who are not traveling in F?

If you are 4 in F and 1 in C, there should be a good chance for you, that they let you in. I think, it's worth asking for it.

AA status doesn't help. The better argument is, that you want to stay with your family or that you have to take care of someone of your family. Etihad is a family-friendly airline.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi, I had a look through this thread, but couldn't find answer.
Is Emirates Palace 5 course dining menu available all day?
Looking at flights to LHR, and wanted go on the one departing 1335, but not sure if they serve it at this time.
Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:44 pm

pretty sure they serve it all day but could be mistaken
i do think they serve anything on the menu all day long
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:12 am

I ordered mixed plates for breakfast back in December... They did serve me with a dinner entree (Scallops) and Eggs Benedict without any problem.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by thbe
Are you 5 guests in total? Or are there more family members, who are not traveling in F?

If you are 4 in F and 1 in C, there should be a good chance for you, that they let you in. I think, it's worth asking for it.

AA status doesn't help. The better argument is, that you want to stay with your family or that you have to take care of someone of your family. Etihad is a family-friendly airline.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is 5 of us total and 4 of my family are in F from AA award tickets though. We fly this weekend, so hopefully it works out.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is 5 of us total and 4 of my family are in F from AA award tickets though. We fly this weekend, so hopefully it works out.
Best of luck!

If it doesn't work, you can try to ask a EY/EAP Platinum.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
FYI, there are Global Entry kiosks one can use if eligible (and flying to the US, obviously). But the agents in the lounge aren't familiar with this program. We had to fight to stay in the lounge before it got so awkward with them hounding us. At which point we made the walk and then spent 30 minutes standing in the post-clearance lounge (which does have booze). Somebody needs to instruct the lounge staff to ask people flying to the US if they are using GE.
I always thought GE was for once you arrive in the US? How does this work when departing AUH?

Also, my flight out is at 3 AM. I'm kind of confused on the lounge hours site:

http://www.etihad.com/en-us/experien...class-lounges/

Is it 24 hours or do they close at 2:30 AM? Either way I guess I'll be out of there a bit before then.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by jayoxd
I always thought GE was for once you arrive in the US? How does this work when departing AUH?

Also, my flight out is at 3 AM. I'm kind of confused on the lounge hours site:

http://www.etihad.com/en-us/experien...class-lounges/

Is it 24 hours or do they close at 2:30 AM? Either way I guess I'll be out of there a bit before then.
I got back from AUH yesterday, I don't think they close the First Class Lounge, but the services like SPA/Massages yes. My flight was at 3:25am, but the boarding time printed in the BP said 2:10, by that time they will asking everyone to leave the lounge, it was there until 2:20am and I was one of the last one to leave the lounge, anyway you can always say you are flying to Chicago instead of NY, since Chicago is suppose to leave at 3:55am

When you go down to inmigration and customs, you will find 2 Global Entry machines on the right side, next to the regular (economy) line, we have to pass all the people that were in line and I'm sure they where thinking you we were skipping the line
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fedechat
I got back from AUH yesterday, I don't think they close the First Class Lounge, but the services like SPA/Massages yes. My flight was at 3:25am, but the boarding time printed in the BP said 2:10, by that time they will asking everyone to leave the lounge, it was there until 2:20am and I was one of the last one to leave the lounge, anyway you can always say you are flying to Chicago instead of NY, since Chicago is suppose to leave at 3:55am

When you go down to inmigration and customs, you will find 2 Global Entry machines on the right side, next to the regular (economy) line, we have to pass all the people that were in line and I'm sure they where thinking you we were skipping the line
So just to clarify, with Global Entry, one could leave the lounge 90 minutes before departure and have no problem making it to the plan on time?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by fedechat

thank you - how did you like the flight? mine is 5 months away and i'm counting down all the days...

how early did you get to the lounge to eat, drink and smoke cigars? haha
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
First class lounge doesn't close. Due to my own error I booked my flight from LHR to BKK on the 2p flight leaving LHR which had me arriving in AUH about 1am and departing around 7am. I went to the lounge and it was busy when I arrived and asked if any of the 2 private rooms were available. Within 15 minutes the had one ready for me and by 2am the lounge was mostly empty and by 3am I was the only one in there except for a few staff.

About 5am I woke and showered and had a lovely breakfast by 6am with more and more staff arriving. The lounge was still mostly empty until about 630am when it started to get busy with flights coming in.

They were very accommodating in regards to the lounge. Asked if I wanted anything and set me up with water, blankets, eye shades etc.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:01 pm

What private room are you referring to? I thought the lounge only had a relaxation area with no private rooms? Unless you were flying in the Residence?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:25 pm

Theres 2 small living rooms that close off and are pretty much private rooms within the lounge and available on a first come first served basis
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by kaiotes
What private room are you referring to? I thought the lounge only had a relaxation area with no private rooms? Unless you were flying in the Residence?
No, not I wasn't in the residence. There are two rooms to right of the first part of the dining room as you walk in. The set up is 2 arm chairs and a very comfortable sofa that can be used for lying on.

I only knew from flyer talk Etihad Forum that these rooms were there and you need to ask about them.

Both were in use when I arrived but within 15 minutes both rooms departed for flights.

That said I was op upgraded to the apartments from London to Abu Dhabi (again!) About 2 out of every 5 flights it happens on the AUH to LHR and LHR to AUH.

Last edited by flightcrew1; Jan 17, 2017 at 11:11 pm Reason: typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.