Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:05 am

Or as their website puts it: "Eithad Airways Partner airlines platinum members with one guest".

No money in the budget for a proofreader?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
I'm still a little confused as to precisely where the new lounge is located.

After exiting transit security you end up in the duty free area where you can head off to the left to the departure gates & the existing business class lounge.

Is this in the direction where the new lounge is located?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by cssaus
I'm still a little confused as to precisely where the new lounge is located.

After exiting transit security you end up in the duty free area where you can head off to the left to the departure gates & the existing business class lounge.

Is this in the direction where the new lounge is located?
Literally opposite the security x-ray machines in the wall between the two aisles leading into the duty free. If you're in the duty free you missed it. Took me a few attempts to find.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Literally opposite the security x-ray machines in the wall between the two aisles leading into the duty free. If you're in the duty free you missed it. Took me a few attempts to find.
I somehow missed it last month when I went thru AUH, mind you it was 2.30am! I'll make sure that once I clear the transit security check I'll look straight away for the entrance before the duty free area.

What did confuse me also was that in the duty free area I did see signage for the first class lounge but it was in the opposite direction to where I needed to go to the gate for my flight to LHR so I continued thru and went into the regular business class lounge near gate 35.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cssaus
I somehow missed it last month when I went thru AUH, mind you it was 2.30am! I'll make sure that once I clear the transit security check I'll look straight away for the entrance before the duty free area.

What did confuse me also was that in the duty free area I did see signage for the first class lounge but it was in the opposite direction to where I needed to go to the gate for my flight to LHR so I continued thru and went into the regular business class lounge near gate 35.
The sign is correct. Would have been a one minute detour and it is definitely worth it.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:11 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Visited the EY F lounge last week - superb food & service. The Emirates Palace Menu really hit the spot - best lounge food I have had, possibly barring CX F lounges at HKG. (certainly stratospherically better than the laughable BA Concorde Room at LHR, or indeed TG F at BKK, Emirates F at DXB etc.) Big ^^
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
I was able to visit the EY F lounge yesterday. Elegant design and the staff in the restaurant were fantastic! Also got to try the Emirates Palace menu and specially loved the braised lamb Had to skip the dessert though coz I was already full. I asked the staff who showed me around the lounge about the new policy of 3 complimentary cigar as others have posted here, and she confirmed it.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 12:20 am

I made my first visit to the lounge yesterday afternoon and was extremely disappointed by the entire experience.

I arrived at around 1240 for a 1420 flight, but was immediately told that I would need to leave in about 10-15 minutes so as to be at the gate for boarding promptly at 1305. I told them that was ridiculous since I didn't need 75 minutes to board in First Class, but she insisted that since it was an A380 I had to be there on time.

As a result, I also couldn't order anything from the menu (they said I needed at least 30 minutes to order and consume those due to the lounge being pretty full) and to my utter surprise they had no self-service or other ready snack options available. No nuts, no crisps, no packaged anything - nothing else to snack on if you have less than 30 minutes in the lounge. What a joke for a premium lounge.

One of the waiters suggested that I go to the old lounge instead which I did, and was able to have a quick bite from the buffet there instead. Went to the gate at 1325 and they were just starting boarding, after which we had a further 40 minute delay and only departed at 1500 (the boarding process was also a very poor experience but that is another story).

The entire experience is typically Etihad unfortunately. Over-promise and under-deliver. Very sad that the excellent on board product is complement by this disgraceful ground experience.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by B747-437B
As a result, I also couldn't order anything from the menu (they said I needed at least 30 minutes to order and consume those due to the lounge being pretty full) and to my utter surprise they had no self-service or other ready snack options available. No nuts, no crisps, no packaged anything - nothing else to snack on if you have less than 30 minutes in the lounge. What a joke for a premium lounge.
I don't know what is going on in the F lounge. I was there a couple of weeks back for a 1400 hrs flight to KTM. There was no buffet. Zilch. Nothing. When I enquired, they said there is a buffet for breakfast and dinner only. However, my partner flew F to SIN last week (flight departing at 2250 hrs) and she said there was next to nothing, just cakes, fruit and pre-wrapped sandwiches!! Very poor. People in transit may not have the time to have a meal from the menu and would much prefer to have something from the buffet - soup, a salad, cheese etc etc.

I'm there again on 20 December for a 10:00 am flight. Let's see what, if anything, there is for the breakfast buffet.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:00 pm

I still don't know what to think of the new F-lounge in Abu Dhabi.

For me, it is clearly inferior to the EK F-lounge (or even EK C-lounge). Except for the gym, which is an awesome addition to any airport lounge! But only 2 people per day use it, so I seem to be almost the only one thinking so.

I am right now sitting here for breakfast. Not sure if these mini portions here will allow me to "break the fast". The menu is short, there is no buffet (people are writing about it, but I never saw a buffet in here). Staff seem overwhelmed, although there is little traffic in the lounge. Quality of food is ok at best. Everybody looks stressed, though; not the atmosphere you want to create in a F-lounge.

Will give it further tries, but I am inclined to use the EY C-lounge in the future (if it were not for the gym).
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B
I made my first visit to the lounge yesterday afternoon and was extremely disappointed by the entire experience.

I arrived at around 1240 for a 1420 flight, but was immediately told that I would need to leave in about 10-15 minutes so as to be at the gate for boarding promptly at 1305. I told them that was ridiculous since I didn't need 75 minutes to board in First Class, but she insisted that since it was an A380 I had to be there on time.

One of the waiters suggested that I go to the old lounge instead which I did, and was able to have a quick bite from the buffet there instead. Went to the gate at 1325 and they were just starting boarding, after which we had a further 40 minute delay and only departed at 1500 (the boarding process was also a very poor experience but that is another story).

The entire experience is typically Etihad unfortunately. Over-promise and under-deliver. Very sad that the excellent on board product is complement by this disgraceful ground experience.
Well summarized.

I make it a habit to never follow lounge attendants' advice regarding show up time at gate. I just ask for the legal cut off time and make sure I am there 3 mins before.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Well summarized.

I make it a habit to never follow lounge attendants' advice regarding show up time at gate. I just ask for the legal cut off time and make sure I am there 3 mins before.
For me, this is what made the LH FCT so special: they told us we could forget about the time, that they'd find us and make sure we made it. Brilliant. After a Porsche ride across the tarmac. were the last two people on the plane before the door closed. That's first class service.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I am right now sitting here for breakfast. Not sure if these mini portions here will allow me to "break the fast". The menu is short, there is no buffet (people are writing about it, but I never saw a buffet in here).
I find it incomprehensible that there is no breakfast buffet. It's mind-boggling to say the least. For those who don't have the time to sit down for breakfast in the dining area, I honestly believe they are better off in the J lounge. This sounds like cost-cutting gone too far. Come on Etihad, get your act together and look after your First and Platinum guests!!
Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:15 pm

CalFlyer: did you ask any of the staff in the F lounge why there was no breakfast buffet?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:11 pm

Very disappointed to read about the cuts in lounge service, I'm basically only going with Etihad because they opened a new lounge and its very positive reviews.

Will be there at 11am and especially as its a Friday (next week) what can I expect in terms of passenger volume and services?

I'm a bit of a review geek so will post my experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.