Wiki Posts
Search

When does the IAD Etihad CheckIn Open?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
When does the IAD Etihad CheckIn Open?

So, from RDU I need to go to IAD for the 10pm flight to AUH. My booking is on Jet - IAD to CCU to IAD, so will be arranging separate flights RDU-IAD-RDU. I can take the UA direct flight getting in at 11:38am ( can do a later flight but dont want to take any chances) - and trying to figure out how long of a wait I am looking at before checking in and heading to the lounge.

Thanks,

D
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:32 pm

you'll have a long wait. I don't think that check in opens until 4 hours before the flight. you should take the UA flight from RDU that gets in around 3 or 4 pm. That's still plenty of time.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by jasondc
you'll have a long wait. I don't think that check in opens until 4 hours before the flight. you should take the UA flight from RDU that gets in around 3 or 4 pm. That's still plenty of time.
I believe it doesn't open until 3 hours before the flight actually. I arrived early before my flight only to wait around for an hour.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:39 pm

Did not want to start a new thread for this but does anyone know the name of the chauffeur service Etihad uses in IAD?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Did not want to start a new thread for this but does anyone know the name of the chauffeur service Etihad uses in IAD?
This is what I have based on my last trip in August 2014 IAD AUH:
U.S. Sedan Service.
Tel 703-661-1331.
www.ussedan.com
22800 Executive Drive, Suite 130, Dulles, VA 20166

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by sabdhabi
This is what I have based on my last trip in August 2014 IAD AUH:
U.S. Sedan Service.
Tel 703-661-1331.
www.ussedan.com
22800 Executive Drive, Suite 130, Dulles, VA 20166

Hope this helps.
Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:23 pm

I saw somewhere it's supposed to open 3 hours before flight departure, but I flew out of IAD last Friday, arrived about 3 hours 15 minutes before departure, and check-in was already in full swing. When I got to the lounge, there were several other pax already there and settled in.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by ConcordeOrphan
I saw somewhere it's supposed to open 3 hours before flight departure, but I flew out of IAD last Friday, arrived about 3 hours 15 minutes before departure, and check-in was already in full swing. When I got to the lounge, there were several other pax already there and settled in.
Same here when I was there last month. I doubt they open check-in much more than the stated three hours, though.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies. I will driving to IAD from RDU, and hoping to check in as soon as they open and head to the lounge....dont want to get there way early. trying to time it just right.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Desirees
Thank you for your replies. I will driving to IAD from RDU, and hoping to check in as soon as they open and head to the lounge....dont want to get there way early. trying to time it just right.
Good luck with that if you are driving from Raleigh. i'd be much more worried about traffic on I-95 and the Beltway!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Desirees
Depending on the day/time you may want to avoid the beltway one option would be to take I-95 to Route 234 to I-66 to Route 28. Also before you get to the DC area traffic in Richmond on I-95 can be dreadful at times. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Depending on the day/time you may want to avoid the beltway one option would be to take I-95 to Route 234 to I-66 to Route 28. Also before you get to the DC area traffic in Richmond on I-95 can be dreadful at times. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
Thank you! I will definitely take you up on the offer closer to the date,

D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.