A380 business window seat.

Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Silver, CX Gold, SQ Silver, EY Gold
A380 business window seat.

Hi,

I am booked onto AUH to SYD,seat 14A. Will I spend 14 hours face to face with my neighbour or are your neighbours obscured from view?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Hey,

I'm 1.9m and once seated I can't see the backfacing "seat neighbour"...even the ones across the aisle are barely visible when seated.

All in all a rather private and secluded feel.

Cheers
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks Birsti, good to know.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
Did 2 legs a few weeks ago, both in window seats, no worries, you feel quite secluded.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking forward to experiencing another airline, as good as Cathay Pacific and Singapore airlines are the transit times have become a real drain.
Thanks again for the feedback ^
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:53 am

Hello,

I'll fly in November for the 1st time in EY C class on A380. I've just reserved window seat 10k. Is this the right choice? Isn't it to close (from the "noise" point of view) to open space with lobby located between C and F class?
If there's better seat for solo traveller, I'll be grateful for your suggestions :-)
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by tropikey
Hello,

I'll fly in November for the 1st time in EY C class on A380. I've just reserved window seat 10k. Is this the right choice? Isn't it to close (from the "noise" point of view) to open space with lobby located between C and F class?
If there's better seat for solo traveller, I'll be grateful for your suggestions :-)
"Right choice" is subjective not objective. I value privacy and quiet, and seek distance from toilets and cots, so I tend to choose 10k or 10a. I've done 8 or 10 sectors in the a380 and never seen the lobby / bar used , let alone noisy. Enjoy.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:04 am

Thank you very much. I value the same things, so I'll stick to this seat.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by birsti
Hey,

I'm 1.9m and once seated I can't see the backfacing "seat neighbour"...even the ones across the aisle are barely visible when seated.

All in all a rather private and secluded feel.

Cheers
I found that once reclined into a lay flat position my feet ended up being squeezed into the tiny point in the foot well.. felt terrible and very restrictive.

if seated in the isle you're able to move a privacy shield forward a bit more to block out the neighbour views.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:34 am

Does this "squeezing" problem refer only to window seats or to all seats in C? I'm almost 1.9 m tall, so it's important for me too.
I've found a review at seatguru (as far as I remember) that 8A has more room for feet. This one however is next to the lobby area and I'm afraid that there could be too much noise coming from there. Has anyone of you used 8A?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tropikey
Does this "squeezing" problem refer only to window seats or to all seats in C? I'm almost 1.9 m tall, so it's important for me too.
I've found a review at seatguru (as far as I remember) that 8A has more room for feet. This one however is next to the lobby area and I'm afraid that there could be too much noise coming from there. Has anyone of you used 8A?
8A is fine, better to be near the lounge anyway.. just sleep in there with a glass of the best booze you can get (more legroom too)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.