Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad and Turkish Airlines baggage interline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, EY Silver

Hi I am traveling from BUD to IST on TK and onwards to AUH on EY. Two different PNRs. Will TK be able to interline my bags all the way to AUH? I suspect the answer is yes but I cannot find anything on a TK EY interline agreement and I won't be able to go out and back in at IST due to not having a Turkish visa so a bit worried on this.

Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:41 am

They have an interline agreement, but there's absolutely no guarantee they will do it.

I would definitely arrange a TK visa if I was in your shoes.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Turkish Airlines will not allow you to board the flight to Istanbul if you do not have the necessary visa to enter the country (unless you are somehow entitled to obtain such a visa upon arrival). The fact that you intend to immediately depart on a separate ticket makes no difference.

Because you booked a ticket that ends in Turkey, TK are compelled to ensure that you comply with the Turkish entry requirements applicable to holders of your passport. If you don't meet the entry requirements for Turkey, you risk being left in Budapest.

Additionally, given that you are on separate tickets, the airlines will almost certainly refuse to interline your bags. You MUST plan on entering the country, retrieving your luggage, and then checking yourself and your luggage in for your next flight.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Turkish Airlines will not allow you to board the flight to Istanbul if you do not have the necessary visa to enter the country (unless you are somehow entitled to obtain such a visa upon arrival). The fact that you intend to immediately depart on a separate ticket makes no difference.

Because you booked a ticket that ends in Turkey, TK are compelled to ensure that you comply with the Turkish entry requirements applicable to holders of your passport. If you don't meet the entry requirements for Turkey, you risk being left in Budapest.

Additionally, given that you are on separate tickets, the airlines will almost certainly refuse to interline your bags. You MUST plan on entering the country, retrieving your luggage, and then checking yourself and your luggage in for your next flight.
Actually, well said!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, EY Silver
Thanks for the replies. I got myself a Turkish visa but will try to do this with hand luggage only if they refuse to interline. I'll update post travel as to what transpired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.