Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Do they still do hotel or food vouchers for long layovers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum

I have a flight coming up on Etihad (booked with AA miles). First time on EK. I'm in Y.
My flight has a layover of 9 and change, overnight. Do they still offer any sort of voucher? How would I book this- at the airport, or in advance somehow? Saw some threads but not recently.

Thank you.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Forgot to mention, yes, it's the next available flight out. There wasn't an earlier connection to where I'm going.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Daichovo
I have a flight coming up on Etihad (booked with AA miles). First time on EK. I'm in Y.
My flight has a layover of 9 and change, overnight. Do they still offer any sort of voucher? How would I book this- at the airport, or in advance somehow? Saw some threads but not recently.

Thank you.
Etihad or EK?

Etihad do not provide accommodation in any case, regardless of your layover.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:36 pm

If you have a (long) delay (very common on EY) they may provide hotel accommodation (almost never) but usually only offer a food voucher (at the transit desk). They won't offer it without asking.

If overnight I suggest staying at the Premier Inn - which is quite good and well worth it. There are also sleeping pods at the airport but they cost almost the same for 6+ hours. If during the day I'd leave the airport.

Also, you can typically go through fast track immigration both ways. They tend not to check.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:24 pm

Delay is not the same as layover, is it?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:12 am

no you'll get nothing,you knew the flights you were taking so nothing to do with etihad to assist you
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Delay is not the same as layover, is it?
Delays are so common that many layovers will likely turn into a delay. Though any delay less then 2 hours will not result in anything.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:43 pm

Question "Economy Class guests on certain pre-approved routes only, subject to restrictions."

Similar case as the OP, I am flying IAD-AUH-TSE with a 14 hour layover on an AAdvantage award in Y. The website says the following:
Does Etihad offer accommodation for guests on long transit?
We offer complimentary accommodation services for eligible guests connecting to and from Abu Dhabi International Airport, depending on the fare and route you purchased.

The following guests with a transit time between 8 to 24 hours in Abu Dhabi may request for this service (terms and conditions apply):

First and Business Class guests holding a confirmed booking.
Economy Class guests on certain pre-approved routes only, subject to restrictions.
This applies to the first scheduled connecting Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi.

If you require a visa to enter the UAE, requests must be made no later than 5 days before departure. If you do not require a visa to enter the UAE, requests can be made 48 hours before departure.

Source: http://www.etihad.com/en-us/faqs/
Does anyone have a list of the pre-approved routes?

Also, other then the connecting flight being the first scheduled, what are the restrictions?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Similar case as the OP, I am flying IAD-AUH-TSE with a 14 hour layover on an AAdvantage award in Y. The website says the following:

Does anyone have a list of the pre-approved routes?

Also, other then the connecting flight being the first scheduled, what are the restrictions?
I bought a family member ticket last year. Travelling YYZ-AUH-SIN Return. Outbound route had a long connection at AUH.

EY wouldn't provide hotel on cheaper ticket but told us to book in one class higher which increased cost by I believe $80 dollars. We gladly paid the difference as food+hotel and hassle outweigh the difference.

My understanding is.. in Y Class they'd do it for certain classes.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Perhaps of relevance my thread from a few weeks ago: Paid J ticket but codeshare and ticketed by Air Seychelles, operated by EY, with a 14h layover (not the earliest available connection though). Air Seychelles provided STPC after requesting by e-mail (initially said route ineligible):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...om-ticket.html
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I asked about this on my award booking in F JFK-AUH-SYD with a 10 hour layover (earliest available flight) and people in the thread said EY doesn't do it anymore.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:16 pm

So today the EY call center told me my IAD-AUH-TSE route in Y is eligible, but my award was ticketed by AA so they will need to request it. That makes no sense to me, I know if I call AA they will have no clue what I am talking about. Any advice?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
So today the EY call center told me my IAD-AUH-TSE route in Y is eligible, but my award was ticketed by AA so they will need to request it. That makes no sense to me, I know if I call AA they will have no clue what I am talking about. Any advice?
They will. Or should. On a paid Air Seychelles ticket via AUH I was able to get Air Seychelles to provide STPC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.