Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

DUB lounge access (BA to LHR , LHR to AUH in F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I've got an itinerary booked from DUB to LHR to AUH - the DUB-LHR segment is operated by BA in Club Europe and the LHR to AUH (for same day travel) is operated by EY in F.

I have a BA Gold card so can use the shared lounge in DUB - but ideally I'd prefer to use the (much nicer) Etihad lounge instead.

Does anyone know if my onward ticket from LHR to AUH in EY F would entitle me to lounge access at DUB?

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold

I imagine if it's booked as a though ticket on etihad stock the answer would be yes (mind u I didn't think you could book EY first dub to auh via lhr)
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irish mark
I imagine if it's booked as a though ticket on etihad stock the answer would be yes (mind u I didn't think you could book EY first dub to auh via lhr)
Well, DUB-LHR is only Club Europe (/business) so I guess it's not really EY first from DUB to AUH via LHR... but it was bookable as a single ticket.

I checked in with Etihad and they said I wouldn't have access in DUB, only in LHR. Which is a shame.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by absoluy
Well, DUB-LHR is only Club Europe (/business) so I guess it's not really EY first from DUB to AUH via LHR... but it was bookable as a single ticket.

I checked in with Etihad and they said I wouldn't have access in DUB, only in LHR. Which is a shame.
Was it booked with EY ? I didn't know that EY did Long haul connections out of DUB via LHR using BA for the connection. Does the DUB-LHR flight have an EY flight number ? Trying a sample booking DUB-AUH shows that any of the non-direct flights are offered via EI connections to various destinations.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:39 am

Most likely the OP booked this through AA.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by absoluy
How is it shameful to restrict access to passengers actually flying EY from DUB? Besides that, what times are the flight any way? Doesn't EY only operate an early morning and evening flight out of DUB? Between the two the lounge would be closed.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
I think EY only uses EI for the Dub-LHR route. The EI connecting flights have an EY codeshare flight number if I recall
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by irish mark
I think EY only uses EI for the Dub-LHR route. The EI connecting flights have an EY codeshare flight number if I recall
They do indeed have an EY number.

OP has confirmed however that he is in club Europe (hence BA), and that it was all on one ticket (which I assume means all one PNR).

Perhaps Edy4eva is correct in suggesting it's an AA booking.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Flew through Dub recently and the lady there said that essentially I could as a platinum use the lounge if it was open, which was useful one morning to have a scrumptious breakfast with champagne before moving to the dump that my priority pass card allowed me into when the EY lounge closed
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
How is it shameful to restrict access to passengers actually flying EY from DUB?
I wasn't suggesting it is "shameful" of them to restrict access to passengers on EY from DUB... just that it was disappointing (although not unexpected) that I wouldn't have access. The flight I was on to LHR left just a few minutes after the EY DUB-AUH flight so the lounge would have been open.

I did end up using the EY lounge in LHR and I actually found it to be of a much better quality than the EY lounge in AUH. Food and drinks were much better, lounge staff were far more attentive and, despite being smaller, it didn't seem as busy as the AUH lounge which was absolutely packed from about 10pm through to my flight leaving at 2am. After having visited the Qatar business lounge in Doha a few months ago (and after seeing the standard of the EY lounge in LHR) it was quite the let down!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.