Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn AA miles or Etihad miles?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2015, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Hello, I am a frequent flyer from Abu Dhabi to Europe and less often, the U.S. I am a Gold Guest member on EY. I also have the AA citi credit card. I have consistently used my Etihad number to secure miles on my business class trips to Europe, however am not sure if it is best to be using my AA number instead to secure the miles as you need less miles to redeem business class tickets to my home in New York. Also, I have understood from others that you earn less miles per trip on EY vs AA (ignoring my EY Gold status). My ultimate goal is the use of miles to get business class tickets home to New York on Etihad, whether or not that means using AA miles to secure the tickets. Thanks for the help!
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

^^ any advice here could easily become outdated quickly once AA announces their program devaluation. Just something to be aware of.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

dbsbs9 Welcome to FT

Is home New York?

USA based airline ffp's tend to be more generous (status benefits/earn/burn/upgrades/award cost/award cash surcharges/expiry) compared to non USA based airline ffp’s.
The airline you fly most or an airline of the country you live is the best ffp for many people.
The airline you fly and the airline ffp you credit those flights to does not need to be the same.
Frequent flyer miles are not equal to earn or burn.

Look and ask here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html
http://www.wheretocredit.com/
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: S.E, Preferred Select, SPG Platinum
Hi All,

Curious what your thoughts are here. I'm flying YYZ - BLR on Ethiad for my outbound flight this Saturday. Should I earn Ethiad miles or AAdvantage (not sure if this is possible)?

2nd question is on my return I will be flying Jetairways what miles should I earn?

Note: I'm YYZ based and earn Aeroplan primarily but for this trip I need to focus on where else to earn. Appreciate the advice and guidance. I've been out of the mileage game for awhile so need the help to dig in on this one.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:15 am

AA without a doubt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.