Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Any news on the JFK Etihad Lounge to open in 2015?

Old Oct 22, 15, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador

I read that Etihad was working on a lounge at JFK for the end of 2015. Any idea how far along they are or any updates on whether it will open on time (doubtful knowing Etihad)?
Old Oct 22, 15, 12:31 pm

in september they told me early october. mid october i was told november. who knows..
Old Oct 23, 15, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Perhaps they're waiting for a new JFK terminal to be built.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...ct-2015-a.html
Old Nov 25, 15, 12:19 am

It may have just opened.

OK, this is second-hand information, but from it comes from 2 different sources.

My wife was injured, and requires a wheelchair, and we had 2 different wheelchair attendants on a trip over the last week in Terminal 4 at JFK.

Last week I asked the first one about the Etihad lounge, and he said they were virtually finished with the construction.

A few hours ago, the second attendant said it JUST opened. She said it has replaced the Wingtips lounge. I asked her again if she was sure, and she said, yes, absolutely.

I didn't see it myself, as we were flying the dreaded COPA Airlines, so I can't give first-hand confirmation.
Old Nov 25, 15, 12:37 am

yes it is open. Opened just in time for the A380
http://heelsfirsttravel.boardingarea...t-jfk-is-open/
Old Nov 25, 15, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA, KL
Originally Posted by Thunderroad View Post
Perhaps they're waiting for a new JFK terminal to be built.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...ct-2015-a.html
Old Dec 7, 15, 4:48 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I enjoyed this new lounge on 2 Dec. It's lovely and the service was attentive but not intrusive and it was impeccable. So much better than the WingTips lounge that Etihad used to use. They have a buffet and an a la carte menu. I made myself a salad from the buffet and ordered the filet mignon from the menu plus a few vodka and tonics. I flew on the 10pm JFK-AUH flight which was actually overbooked in business and full in first so I expected the lounge to be full. It was not. And it's a easy walk to the gate from the lounge. It seems that Etihad has changed their gate now that the new lounge is open.
Old Dec 8, 15, 6:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, SPG Plat50, HHonors Gold
Does anyone know what time the JFK lounge opens?
Old Jan 12, 16, 11:54 am

Is the JFK Etihad lounge accessible for arriving F passengers?

Does one disembark precleared AUH arrivals into Terminal 4 airside or landside?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 16, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Denver Enzo View Post
Is the JFK Etihad lounge accessible for arriving F passengers?

Does one disembark precleared AUH arrivals into Terminal 4 airside or landside?

Thanks
Echo the same question. Arriving EY F and have 7 hours layover for domestic connection. If not available for arrivals, what lounges are available? (It appears that the AA Flagship Lounge excludes F customers from the ME.)
Old Jan 17, 16, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by lamphs View Post
Echo the same question. Arriving EY F and have 7 hours layover for domestic connection. If not available for arrivals, what lounges are available? (It appears that the AA Flagship Lounge excludes F customers from the ME.)
I'm also in the same boat with a long layover and have been told that 1) the new EY lounge is only for departing passengers and 2) that the Flagship Lounge is unavailable since EY is an AA partner but not a Oneworld partner. In any case, arrivals deplane landside. In and of itself, flying F into JFK gives one no lounge benefits of which I'm aware.
Old Jan 25, 16, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by travel4b View Post
I'm also in the same boat with a long layover and have been told that 1) the new EY lounge is only for departing passengers and 2) that the Flagship Lounge is unavailable since EY is an AA partner but not a Oneworld partner. In any case, arrivals deplane landside. In and of itself, flying F into JFK gives one no lounge benefits of which I'm aware.
Anyone able to verify in person?
Old Jan 26, 16, 6:50 pm

Come to think of it, is the lounge even open that early? The A380 has a 7.5 hour turn at JFK.
Old Jan 28, 16, 2:29 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Pt, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
Anyone able to verify in person?
You can access the JFK lounge on arrival. I was there yesterday and the lady sitting next to me at the bar was let in after arriving from AUH.
Old Jan 28, 16, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by ngoc92 View Post
You can access the JFK lounge on arrival. I was there yesterday and the lady sitting next to me at the bar was let in after arriving from AUH.
Thanks for the update ngoc92! Good to know.

Search this Thread