Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Any news on the JFK Etihad Lounge to open in 2015?

Any news on the JFK Etihad Lounge to open in 2015?

Reply

Old Oct 22, 15, 11:12 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: ALB;NYC
Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 58
Any news on the JFK Etihad Lounge to open in 2015?

I read that Etihad was working on a lounge at JFK for the end of 2015. Any idea how far along they are or any updates on whether it will open on time (doubtful knowing Etihad)?
strikerr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 15, 12:31 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 352
in september they told me early october. mid october i was told november. who knows..
mike84k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 15, 1:54 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oakland, California, USA
Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Posts: 10,367
Perhaps they're waiting for a new JFK terminal to be built.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...ct-2015-a.html
Thunderroad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 15, 12:19 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 153
It may have just opened.

OK, this is second-hand information, but from it comes from 2 different sources.

My wife was injured, and requires a wheelchair, and we had 2 different wheelchair attendants on a trip over the last week in Terminal 4 at JFK.

Last week I asked the first one about the Etihad lounge, and he said they were virtually finished with the construction.

A few hours ago, the second attendant said it JUST opened. She said it has replaced the Wingtips lounge. I asked her again if she was sure, and she said, yes, absolutely.

I didn't see it myself, as we were flying the dreaded COPA Airlines, so I can't give first-hand confirmation.
rje444 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 15, 12:37 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 352
yes it is open. Opened just in time for the A380
http://heelsfirsttravel.boardingarea...t-jfk-is-open/
mike84k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 15, 2:51 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA, KL
Posts: 23,114
Originally Posted by Thunderroad View Post
Perhaps they're waiting for a new JFK terminal to be built.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...ct-2015-a.html
irishguy28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 15, 4:48 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Posts: 1,965
I enjoyed this new lounge on 2 Dec. It's lovely and the service was attentive but not intrusive and it was impeccable. So much better than the WingTips lounge that Etihad used to use. They have a buffet and an a la carte menu. I made myself a salad from the buffet and ordered the filet mignon from the menu plus a few vodka and tonics. I flew on the 10pm JFK-AUH flight which was actually overbooked in business and full in first so I expected the lounge to be full. It was not. And it's a easy walk to the gate from the lounge. It seems that Etihad has changed their gate now that the new lounge is open.
STBCypriot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 15, 6:43 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, SPG Plat50, HHonors Gold
Posts: 120
Does anyone know what time the JFK lounge opens?
Aspirant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 16, 11:54 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 138
Is the JFK Etihad lounge accessible for arriving F passengers?

Does one disembark precleared AUH arrivals into Terminal 4 airside or landside?

Thanks
Denver Enzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 16, 11:57 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 596
Originally Posted by Denver Enzo View Post
Is the JFK Etihad lounge accessible for arriving F passengers?

Does one disembark precleared AUH arrivals into Terminal 4 airside or landside?

Thanks
Echo the same question. Arriving EY F and have 7 hours layover for domestic connection. If not available for arrivals, what lounges are available? (It appears that the AA Flagship Lounge excludes F customers from the ME.)
lamphs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 16, 12:11 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 224
Originally Posted by lamphs View Post
Echo the same question. Arriving EY F and have 7 hours layover for domestic connection. If not available for arrivals, what lounges are available? (It appears that the AA Flagship Lounge excludes F customers from the ME.)
I'm also in the same boat with a long layover and have been told that 1) the new EY lounge is only for departing passengers and 2) that the Flagship Lounge is unavailable since EY is an AA partner but not a Oneworld partner. In any case, arrivals deplane landside. In and of itself, flying F into JFK gives one no lounge benefits of which I'm aware.
travel4b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 16, 11:58 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,427
Originally Posted by travel4b View Post
I'm also in the same boat with a long layover and have been told that 1) the new EY lounge is only for departing passengers and 2) that the Flagship Lounge is unavailable since EY is an AA partner but not a Oneworld partner. In any case, arrivals deplane landside. In and of itself, flying F into JFK gives one no lounge benefits of which I'm aware.
Anyone able to verify in person?
iluvdoco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 16, 6:50 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 224
Come to think of it, is the lounge even open that early? The A380 has a 7.5 hour turn at JFK.
travel4b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 16, 2:29 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BOS, PVD
Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Pt, CBP Global Entry
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
Anyone able to verify in person?
You can access the JFK lounge on arrival. I was there yesterday and the lady sitting next to me at the bar was let in after arriving from AUH.
ngoc92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 16, 5:56 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,427
Originally Posted by ngoc92 View Post
You can access the JFK lounge on arrival. I was there yesterday and the lady sitting next to me at the bar was let in after arriving from AUH.
Thanks for the update ngoc92! Good to know.
iluvdoco is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread