Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Award ticket no-show rule for partner airlines?

Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX

Hi..
I have a ticket booked as award redemption using Etihad guest miles for Jet Airways. I might not be able to travel on the award ticket. If there is a no-show do I get the Etihad guest miles refunded less the deduction of 2000 EY guest miles?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: All of Them
I doubt it, and I wouldn't leave anything to chance where you may have to rely on Etihad customer service. It will not end in your favor.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:51 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Etihad Airways

Dear murtuza

Thanks for getting in touch, we are currently speaking with our team and will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks *GW

Originally Posted by murtuza
Hi..
I have a ticket booked as award redemption using Etihad guest miles for Jet Airways. I might not be able to travel on the award ticket. If there is a no-show do I get the Etihad guest miles refunded less the deduction of 2000 EY guest miles?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
Originally Posted by murtuza
Hi..
I know for my partner award booking on ANA, no-show results in full forfeit so I think it very unlikely that this is a good idea.

I was advised when booking my partner award that there is one free rebooking change for my partner award, and that if I didn't think I was going to make my flight to call the Etihad Guest call centre pronto to reschedule. Sounds like the way to go.

Cancellation I think may may involve a fee/penalty but that would be another option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.