Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Only one F and one J lavatory on the 772LR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold

Flying EY 183 soon and was looking at the seat map on Seatguru and noticed there's only one lavatory each in F and J for 8 and 40 pax respectively:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eti..._777-200LR.php
  1. Is Seatguru correct or wrong (EY's site doesn't list a seatmap for the 772LR)?
  2. If it is correct, how does this work for ULH flights? A 40:1 pax:lav ratio is super high for any J cabin, much less for ULH flights.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

For comparison purposes the J pax:lav ratio for other EY widebodys:
  • 77L: 40:1
  • 77W: 20:1
  • A388: 17.5:1
  • A333: 16:1
  • 789: 14:1
  • A332: 11:1
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Last time I traveled on the 77L there was a second toilet in front of seats 1D&G
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
And In the 777W have I seen that they put a rope/curtain I between the toilet in front of row 15. Two of those re were meant to be for J pax. However many Y pax seem to not understand or don't care about it.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
Last time I traveled on the 77L there was a second toilet in front of seats 1D&G
So there are two F lavs then, but still just one J lav?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Was reading this EY 77L trip report: http://www.aussieflyer.net/2015/07/e...class-los.html

"They were quite friendly throughout however I found the lavatories were not kept tidy at all... and at times they were in a disgraceful state. I also noticed that I regularly had to wait for a lavatory to become available so perhaps the ratio of seats to toilets isn't great.... either that or I was on a flight full of people with weak bladders."

Maybe there really is only one J lav?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:26 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by bioyuki
Was reading this EY 77L trip report: http://www.aussieflyer.net/2015/07/e...class-los.html

"They were quite friendly throughout however I found the lavatories were not kept tidy at all... and at times they were in a disgraceful state. I also noticed that I regularly had to wait for a lavatory to become available so perhaps the ratio of seats to toilets isn't great.... either that or I was on a flight full of people with weak bladders."

It does say lavatories (plural). I suspect there will be one on each side. Seatguru is often incorrect or out of date.

Are you travelling on this aircraft type in the near future?

Last edited by nux; Oct 9, 2015 at 1:48 am
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
There are 2 washrooms in J on the 77L. These are located aft of door 2 on both the left and right hand side.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
It does say lavatories (plural). I suspect there will be one on each side. Seatguru is often incorrect or out of date.

Are you travelling on this aircraft type in the near future?
Yeah flying EY 183 on a 77L soon
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by bioyuki

I'm the author of that review. Fairly certain there was 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.