Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

ANA NRT-IAD-NRT First Class 96,200 Guest Miles and $230 [now expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA NRT-IAD-NRT First Class 96,200 Guest Miles and $230 [now expired]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I knew there would soon come a day when I opened this thread and would find that the chart had been, um, updated. Bummer it's gone, glad I got one nailed down. The J rates are still not bad, but nothing like the deal F was before!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of Them
A moment in peace for the best redemption there ever was..... and the game continues
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Nooooo.
I just wanted to book a flight with ANA :-(
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:10 pm

I am still surprised the bloggers never caught onto this. Several of them are big pimps of the SPG AMEX card for the US, which allows transfer to EY (20k SPG=25k EY). That meant that transferring roughly 120k SPG points would net you 2 ANA F west coast US-Japan. I know people who are willing to pay that much for two economy class awards ;-)

Incidentally, what is left on the EY partner charts that is bookable and provides some value? Weren't there a couple of SN routes that were decent (or some other more obscure partner EU-Asia)? Will have to go back and have a look through the tables to see...
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of Them
36,600 round trip J BRU-JFK
Prague-ICN on Czech Airlines
I also think ICN-LAX on OZ
Using miles for AA flights pretty much exactly matches AA's award chart and if you see SAAver avail on AA.com I've found most EY agents see the same thing.

Y and J on NH are still competitive rates and a solid use of TYP.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:58 pm

Thanks for the pointers. It would On the OZ flights, too bad SEA-ICN is just a hair above the 5,000 mile band, in the lower band it would be really great value. Still good values for RT though for all west coast routes, but particularly in J.
Ah yeah, Czech Airlines, I walked by that flight in ICN a couple of weeks ago and it jarred my memory that was one I had seen in the charts.
SN intra EU rates are really good, but JFK as you point out may be one of the best.
Still some values there!

Originally Posted by Richklhs
36,600 round trip J BRU-JFK
Prague-ICN on Czech Airlines
Using miles for AA flights pretty much exactly matches AA's award chart and if you see SAAver avail on AA.com I've found most EY agents see the same thing.

Y and J on NH are still competitive rates and a solid use of TYP.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Richklhs

I failed to see why this is attractive?

icn-LAX round trip is over 11,000 miles.. According to the chart, F booking will require 276K EY miles. What do I get wrong?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:18 pm

True geclub1, I think I was misreading the chart. J still not terrible if you have the points.

What is the thinking around exercising my one free date change on my existing ANA F booking? I had booked Sat-Sat because that was what showed available but had always planned on either moving the outbound back a couple of days or the return out a couple of days. There is now 2F award space showing on the Tuesday I would like to return. I am worried I should not tempt fate here... I'd rather go 6 days than get screwed and have someone try to cancel when I call in to inquire.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Can't seem to find a link to the new redemption chart, but what a shame! Glad I managed to book a few flights on NH F - which IMHO is right up at the best in terms of service.

EY miles are still useful however, especially on short haul flights ...
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
Not surprised that someone did eventually kill the old table (even though I only made redemption, for a relatively modest SIN-NRT return, despite plenty of points - 0.5M). On the plus side, hopefully a new table will take into account new routes like SYD (sure, it might not be as cheap, but as long as it's not outrageous I will probably bite).
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by SuiteFlight
Not surprised that someone did eventually kill the old table (even though I only made redemption, for a relatively modest SIN-NRT return, despite plenty of points - 0.5M). On the plus side, hopefully a new table will take into account new routes like SYD (sure, it might not be as cheap, but as long as it's not outrageous I will probably bite).
Yeah that route was going to be my next booking- 23,000 miles for a 7 hour flight in ANA F.

Good job.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:34 am

If I were EY I would wait for us to post all the great values so they can 'fix' those first.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Yeah that route was going to be my next booking- 23,000 miles for a 7 hour flight in ANA F.

Good job.
Yes, having not flown ANA's current gen First cube, I didn't want to bite off an ultra long haul redemption (even if it was cheap) without getting a first hand impression first - a 13 hour flight is not the time to discover it's not for you lol.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by SuiteFlight
Quote:

Good job.

Yes, having not flown ANA's current gen First cube, I didn't want to bite off an ultra long haul redemption (even if it was cheap) without getting a first hand impression first - a 13 hour flight is not the time to discover it's not for you lol.
I'm sure Krug would make 13 hours in Y just fine to each their own. Enjoy! I got SFO - NRT , HND - LAX in F. I can't wait.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:23 pm

I'm sure Krug would make 13 hours in Y just fine to each their own. Enjoy! I got SFO - NRT , HND - LAX in F. I can't wait.
Krug on the wine list is always good (or Taittinger Comtes de Champagne - especially the Rose) but then I don't need to endure 13 hours in Y (or a kinder J/F jaunt) to enjoy a glass given I have a few bottles of both here at home.

I'm looking forward to the trip, and for anyone recently returned from an ANA long haul First trip is invited to share their thoughts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.