Search

Tier segments on partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Tier segments on partner airlines

Hi
We are flying to Thailand later this year with the second leg of our flight on partner (and codeshare) Bangkok Airways.

I know that I'll be able to claim Etihad Guest miles but can't find anything on Tier segments - will I get a segment for my flight with Bangkok Airways? It may just tipple me into the next level of Etihad Guest😀
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I believe Tier Segments are earned only on Etihad metal.

See the table at the very bottom of this page:
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-miles/etihad/how/

I can see no mention of earning Tier Segments on any of the partners listed on the EY Guest website - not even the likes of airberlin or Alitalia.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I believe Tier Segments are earned only on Etihad metal.

See the table at the very bottom of this page:
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-miles/etihad/how/

I can see no mention of earning Tier Segments on any of the partners listed on the EY Guest website - not even the likes of airberlin or Alitalia.

Thanks for this - suspected as much 😞
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
-deleted-

Last edited by SuiteFlight; Aug 21, 2015 at 8:03 am Reason: Error
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:04 am

Alitalia page on the Etihad website now indicates that tier miles will be earned on flights. Spoke to a Etihad worker this morning who was not even aware of this. He confirmed that if its in writing it must be correct...

Could Etihad help provide any clarification and if tier miles are earned on all booking classes?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
Originally Posted by Niwisan
Alitalia page on the Etihad website now indicates that tier miles will be earned on flights. Spoke to a Etihad worker this morning who was not even aware of this. He confirmed that if its in writing it must be correct...

Could Etihad help provide any clarification and if tier miles are earned on all booking classes?
OP was looking at Tier Segments, rather than Tier Miles (glad I'm not the only one who first mistakenly read in Tier Miles).
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: CX - Gold, EY- Plat, HGP - Diamond, Accor - Plat, SPG - Gold, IHG - Plat Amb
Etihad tier segments are given at least on the following 2 airlines per experience

Jet Airways
Virgin Australia

Awarded as below basis revenue flights (per segment)
E-1, C-2, F-3

I believe they are now also live for Alitalia, but not 100% certain on this.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:09 am

Flights on Air Serbia earn tier segments (Y-1, C-2) as well, on both JU ticketed and operated flights, and EY ticketed and JU operated flights. And vice versa.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by SuiteFlight
OP was looking at Tier Segments, rather than Tier Miles (glad I'm not the only one who first mistakenly read in Tier Miles).
You're quite right, sorry about that!
Would be great to get a confirmation about Alitalia from someone. Do we get miles, tiers and segments on all of their flights?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:15 am

I had a flight from LED-DME-AUH, the first segment is operated by S7 and marketed by Etihad, and I got tier miles and segment for it.
As per my past experience, you get tier miles and segments for all Etihad Airways Partner flights like alitalia and airberlin, as well as codeshare flights listed here http://www.etihad.com/en/about-us/our-partners/. Tier miles will not be given on the rest partner airlines like Ukraine International Airlines which has no codeshare flights.

Last edited by Jiukouer; Aug 23, 2015 at 12:28 am
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I think the situation is confused a little by how EY handles codeshare flights.

I have taken flights sold by each of A3 (Aegean - purely only a codeshare partner; no FFP tie-up), AB and VA, but which were operated by EY. In EACH of these cases, EY provided a BP showing the EY flightcode (albeit with "Sold As A3xxxx" or "Sold as VAxxx" etc) but they posted in Etihad Guest as if they were purely EY flights.

I have never taken an AB/VA flight which did not have an EY codeshare available - I really think that these flights would NOT earn Tier Segments.

The EY Guest website does not make it easy to determine which flights granted Tier Segments so I really still doubt whether any/all partners earn Segments.

But you should have no worries as regards earning Tier Miles on Alitalia.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:35 pm

I wouldn't be sure if Alitalia ticketed and operated flight would also earn tier segments (such as FCO-MAD). EY Guest website only states that "Etihad Guest Members earn tier miles for travel on Alitalia or any of its affiliate airlines." Also, AZ operates its own FF program, which might differentiate it from other partners which have adopted EY Guest as their own. If anybody has a clarification on this, that'd be great.

This is the case with Air Serbia, but then EY Guest website is very clear on this "You can now earn Etihad Guest Miles, Etihad Tier Miles and Tier Segments when traveling with Air Serbia." It doesn't have to be an EY codeshare or anything related to EY, tier segments are earned. EY Guest also has the same wording for Air Seychelles, but Air Berlin has the same phrase as Alitalia - tier miles mentioned only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.